Strategy Game Idea

SlimeKnight

My idea is based off the army battles from Suikoden.  First off, it's played like Rock, Paper, Scissors:
Charge beats Bow; Bow beats Magic, Magic beats Charge.
There are support commands that can be used as well:
Strategist boosts Charge attack power.
Ninja tells the enemy's next plan.
Thief can tell the enemy's next plan, but may fail or steal XP.
Merchant pays enemy soldiers to join your side.
Dragon is a powerful aerial attack, but is defeated by Bow.

After each campaign battle, you are scored by how many troops you have and how fast the enemy is defeated.  Your score is then converted into XP.  When replaying a battle, the XP you earn is the difference between your new score and your old score.  In Survival mode, XP accumulates after each battle, being earned after you quit or lose a battle (assuming the score is higher.)  XP earned by thieves is permanent: you won't lose it.  :)

XP is spent before battles.  You can upgrade attack powers, number of troops, and boost the effect or number of uses of support commands.

So, what do you think?
All your cake are belong to us.
Put this on your sig if you support Majoras Mask on 3DS (Operation Moonfall)

coleislazy

Sounds cool! Good luck with this!

DeathWish

Sounds great, can't wait to play it :D

Leitca

That sounds awesome :) this might help me think of an idea for my game that im still conceptualizing.

SlimeKnight

I've realized that I'm going to need some help with this. :-\

My first priority is to get the battle engine up and running.  The mechanics are pretty much written down, but I don't know how to put them in the game.  I haven't goofed around with Stencyl very much. :-[

Leitca

I would love to try and help you make it (Im not that good with stencyl yet) but i can try and help and it will also help me learn stencyl better... If you want?

SlimeKnight

I would love to try and help you make it (Im not that good with stencyl yet) but i can try and help and it will also help me learn stencyl better... If you want?

Sure, that would be great. :)  What are you good at doing? (Graphics, coding, etc.)

Leitca

Sure, that would be great. :)  What are you good at doing? (Graphics, coding, etc.)

Umm.....good maybe not so much....ok/still learning more so... I guess i could try doing some graphics ( I might surprise myself) 
Note: If you don't want my help anymore thats alright.

SlimeKnight

Umm.....good maybe not so much....ok/still learning more so... I guess i could try doing some graphics ( I might surprise myself) 
Note: If you don't want my help anymore thats alright.

Actually, your avatar is the quality I am looking for when it comes to soldiers. :)
What I am worried about are the backgrounds for each battle. :(

EDIT: To clarify, your avatar is the sprite quality I need.

Leitca

like for a battle scene or something ... or just the map in general ?

SlimeKnight

like for a battle scene or something ... or just the map in general ?

Yeah, a battle scene.  I won't need an actual map.

Leitca

i've sent you a pm

SlimeKnight

With Leitca helping me with graphics, I'll need someone to help me start the coding. :'(

I need to know how to set up the procedures for determining damage, how to set up the AI for the opponent, how to store the stats for the enemy (especially for survival), etc. :-\

If it helps, I spent a year using QBASIC and half of a year using Visual Basic (I made a working program with it). 8)

jackii

Sounds great, can't wait to play it :D

yeah i know thanks for getting big info

Traslogan

Infinitus Designs.