PENGs Adventures

Vectrex71

Hi There !

Last year i started a project called " Peng's Adventure" Peng is a Penguin, and he hates his cold and windy envoirement. He dream to escape from the Ice  and that's the part of the Player. Help him in this Jump and run game to escape and find a warm place where he can live for the rest of his life in peace and happyness.

Then i stopped for a half year or more and made 2 other Apps. But "Peng's Adventure" was still on my PC and on my  Mind.

Today i found the project again and i still love that little guy.....

I bought the main Sprite as a Inspiration for 5$ on a Developer Recource site but all the rest "Animations" are done by my self.

YouTube Videos about Peng's Adventure

Video 1 from Oktober 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_NtWos96Zo

Video 2 from End of October 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcbT5WPVvh4

Since then i worked not a single minute on this :-(

But if you like it, i will try to bring it to an end somewhere in the near future (2016/2017) for Android and iOS

What do you mean ? Should i stop ? or should i go all in with Peng ?!

Critism welcome

mebloo

I would say that if that little cute Peng is still in your memory (and your heart ?) you should definitely go on and at least make an end to it, even if it is just a small game. If you are attached to him, just go on :)

Vectrex71

Hi there !

I decided to alternate my Game "Peng's Adventure" First it was a Landscape Jump and Run. But now it is a kind of "Geometry Dash" Clone with a penguin in Portrait. But there are so many ideas and scenes, you will have a lot of fun while you play.

He will be in Space or in an 80s disco, he will travel in time with Dr. Who's Tardis. He will be transfered  into an Nintendo NES and jumps as Super Mario there and so on...

Here a Video (Work in Progress July 2016)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:45:03 am by Vectrex71 »

KramerGames

Looks very promising, especially the belly slide could be pretty cool if there are situation where it is needed.
The snow looks very cool, is that an animated background and some fog on a layer above?

On a little side note, the verb "to live" is not written with an f ;-)
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

Vectrex71

The snow looks very cool, is that an animated background and some fog on a layer above?

Thank you ! Yes there are 3 Backgrounds (but not animated) just scrolling in different ways.

On a little side note, the verb "to live" is not written with an f ;-)

Ohh thank you soooo much !! Will fix it !  My english is not the best :-( 

EDIT: DONE

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:10:26 am by Vectrex71 »

LadyLala

Hi there! Cute premise, I think you should finish it too!

Since you're not a native english speaker, I figured I might help you a bit also, to make the writing sound smoother for native speakers. My suggestions follow your quoted copy.

Hi!

This is Peng the Penguin

He hates to live in a cold environment. Every day, he dreams from a warm place, a beach, the sea and the sun. He is not happy where he is at the moment. And this makes him sad.

Hi!

Meet Peng the Penguin.

He hates the cold. Every day, he dreams of a warm place with a beach, the sea and the sun. He's miserable where he lives right now, and it’s sad.

But you can help this little guy. Become a team with Peng to help him to escape into a better world, where he can live in peace, in a warm place the rest of his life.

Don't let him hang

Help him. You are the only change he will ever have!

But you can help this little guy. Team up with Peng to help him escape the cold and find a nicer place where he can peacefully enjoy a warm home for the rest of his life.

Don’t leave him hanging!

Help him out. You’re the only chance he’s got.

Vectrex71

Great Thank you so much LadyLala !

LadyLala

Great Thank you so much LadyLala !

You're very welcome! Send along other screens if you would like, I'm happy to help.

Something else to note - you may have trouble with copyright using other people's trademarked characters in your game - I would hate for you to get in trouble or have your game shut down because of something so easily changed. Can someone else confirm? I think it might be safer to use your own bought or created sprites, and avoid using characters like Mario in your game.

Otherwise the concept seems good and has a lot of potential for fun! Can't wait to see the progress.

Vectrex71

I bought just 1 Sprite (the penguin viewed from the side) 

-> Only THIS Picture

for 5$ or so from a Asset Website, the rest (all the animations from the penguin and other perspectives) are done by myself. This is 98% my work !

Only the picture on top and the short Music are made by someone else. But the music will be replaced in a further version by music by myself.

That thing with mario is no problem, i had also other apps with mario or other characters inside. important  is to clearly mark it as a homage. The Mario Level is less than a minute long  and just a little nice joke because PENG will find an old NES console and then he can play one Level (less than 1 Minute). It would be not the first time, to get a letter from a laywer :-)

Many years ago, i made this app here (see video) and that was absolutely no problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plNlrbGvsfI