[Likely a windows/laptop problem] Can't click on anything anymore in 8868

KramerGames

I have been using Stencyl 8868 in windows 7, but today after restarting my laptop when I open Stencyl I can not click on anything, not even choose which game to open. All I can do is close the whole window or minimize it. I can use the arrow and enter keys though, Stencyl is not freezing. I have tried to make a clean boot and open nothing but Stencyl, I have started my windows in safe mode with network, I reinstalled stencyl in different directories, but its always the same issue. The only thing that works is to use Stencyl 3.3 build 8281, but I can't open my game that I have been building in Stencyl 8868.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:15:42 am by KramerGames »
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

Justin

Do your log files generate anything helpful?
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

KramerGames

I can't click anything on the menu that doesn't have a shortcut... anyhow, the problem seems to be with windows, not with stencyl, because it works when I make a new profile. Since I do not have enough disc space to copy everything to a new one, I'd still be very much interested in other solutions. Since this doesn't relate to Stencyl though, I could understand if you want to close this thread.

Justin

You can still find your logs by opening 3.3 and using Debug > View > Workspace Folder, then opening "logs". Or Debug > Logs > Generate Logs.

KramerGames

You mean because I can't open the game in Stencyl 3.3? I just checked and can't open anything  made in 3.4 (8868) in 3.3, even very simple ones where I just tested some mechanics.

As for the main problem, it seems that there is some corrupted file in my windows and I cant replace it. Making a new user sucks but I'll just make one exclusively for Stencyl, maybe better to have less distractions anyway :-).

Justin

No, I meant that you can use 3.3 to access your logs. The one you shared just shows the obvious, that 3.3 can't open 3.4 beta games because of incompatibility. If you open 3.4 and mess around, then close it and open 3.3, the second to last log at that point would be the one I'm interested in. Though there's no saying if there's even anything in there.

KramerGames

Oh sorry. Strangely it is working now, but I will attach a log file from when it didn't work. I'm scared to even turn off my laptop now...

I made a new windows account, opened Stencyl 3.4 and that worked as expected. I imported a backupfile, closed it and switched back to my main windows account. I wanted to create a new logfile after I saw your reply bt suddenly it worked. I must have switched users and closed and reopened Stencyl about 20 times today.

I hope this is a correct logfile, it says version 3.4 and at that time it definitely didn't work to click anything.

(in case it matters, I used to open Stencyl via the stencyl.bat to get more memory, the problem was the same and at some point I just clicked the Stencyl logo to test it)

Justin

The only error there is not being able to sign in due to networking issues. It would be pretty weird if that was somehow the cause of it.

ninjarazi

I am unable to click and make regions in 9142 build. What is this ?