Pirate's Arena [iOS/Android]

riki82

I agree with you ... I have to find ways to make the attack moves more exciting !
Thanks!

mebloo

Maybe you should add a kind of combo system so when the player hits the attack button at the right pace, the character performs some special moves, like colburt187 said, he could dash forward on the second move then end with a circle attack or whatever ^^ haha let's add more fun ! :D

riki82

I had already thought of a combo system  ;)

A little update for sword move A:

suitcasenuke

Looks really nice! A agree with Colburt187 as well about the dash, but you might want to play with some screen shake on impacts. Make it feel like you’re giving and taking damage. Coupled with some cool attack animation, it will make attacking feel more satisfying. I think you’re onto something though!

riki82

Thanks for the good advice  :)

I'm working on different attacks animations for compose a good combo attack:

mebloo

Hahaha :D that's funny ^^

But the attack itself is the same so the player will wonder why he makes a circle ? He should draw his sword horizontally like Link in Zelda ^^

riki82

Uhm...is a good idea!
Thank guys for your suggestions!

riki82

Player speed and attack moves improved

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UPOcJcym2us" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UPOcJcym2us</a>

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:07:48 am by riki82 »

tigerteeth

Thanks for the good advice  :)

I'm working on different attacks animations for compose a good combo attack:

Really nice character design!!! I like it a lot.

riki82

Is there anyone who would like to try the game with Test Flight?
Is still in the early stages of development, the gameplay is not final and contains lot of bugs.
If you are interested send me a PM with your Apple ID.
Works only on iPhone, the iPad is not yet supported.

suitcasenuke

Sure man, I DM'd you on Twitter.

mebloo

I'm in if you need some feedbacks ^^ I sent you a PM here !

mebloo

Hello riki ! I have tried your game a bit and I think there are two issues.

The first one is about the controls. There is a really bad feeling and feedback about them. Maybe it's the speed of the rotation of the HUD versus how the character is responding but I found it very difficult to play your game. If it's not clear, I can try to explain a bit more.

The second one is about the precision and the damage feedback. It's hard to know if the character is well placed to attack the enemies and it's hard to know if our attacks do hurt them as well.

There's still some work to do but you're on to something so keep up the good work :)