Stencyl and Windows 10 Incompatible?

RosalinaGalaxer

So I updated to Windows 10 and ever since then Stencyl has shrank my sprites by 4, and when I place my custom tiles, they get all weird, duplicated and tiny. Also, when I changed to a premade tileset, my code would not work! Help please! :'(
Ģ̷̓l̴̥̒͑̕͝ì̷̘͈̬͈̖̂͂̔̕t̷͔͇̯̥̬̀̽̓͜͝c̵͇̦̼̮̉̐̈́̕͝ͅͅḣ̵̡̫̞͚̐̅ͅë̶̗̦̪̖͚̜́͊̄͑s̵̺̹̖̼̥̃.̴̮̫͐ ̶̛̓̇̾̎

“I have never seen a more heated discussion about context, jazz, and cats.” - VanillaButterz

Donni11

Welcome to the Forums ! Please post your logs so we can diagnose your problem.

Then attach it to your post with the " Choose Button ".
Peace

choppedupmonkey

I use windows 10 and it works perfectly for me. Did you use stencyl before on windows 7 or 8?
My name is Jason, I live in America, and I am 18 years old

"Focus more on the product than profit, for the profit will come after the product." -Me

alkanadi

I am using stencyl with Windows 10. So far so good.

Bombini

Hi,
i had the same when upgrading from Windows 7 to 10.
It was in my case related to a second monitor and the resolution.
I could fix it playing around with the new scaling function of Windows 10 and playing around with the resolution.
Windows 10 does not scale porperly on my machine when i use a second screen but attach it afdter booting (not before).

Maybe that helps.
Cheers!

RosalinaGalaxer

Here are my logs.

Bombini, I did update from windows 7 to 10, however, I don't really understand your post, so if you could make it more understandable, that would be great.

No, this was not happening on Windows 7.

By the way, how do you screenshot the playtest area? It would help to show you guys what I mean.
Ģ̷̓l̴̥̒͑̕͝ì̷̘͈̬͈̖̂͂̔̕t̷͔͇̯̥̬̀̽̓͜͝c̵͇̦̼̮̉̐̈́̕͝ͅͅḣ̵̡̫̞͚̐̅ͅë̶̗̦̪̖͚̜́͊̄͑s̵̺̹̖̼̥̃.̴̮̫͐ ̶̛̓̇̾̎

“I have never seen a more heated discussion about context, jazz, and cats.” - VanillaButterz

Donni11

I couldn't really find any useful information in the logs.

For the screenshot :

While playing press Ctrl-Print Screen, then paste the screenshot in to built in application on windows called "paint"  ( Ctrl-V) then save it.
Peace

Bombini

I am using a notebook with an extra monitor (both different resolutions).
The Windows 10 scaling logic is not as good as Windows 7.
This caused my issues.

But maybe this is a different issue.

RosalinaGalaxer

Here is a screenshot of the play area. In the level editor, the tiles look as they should. All these tiles are just black squares.
Also, thanks for trying to help me so far guys! It's really nice.

RosalinaGalaxer

Oh, the black rectangle is the player.

RosalinaGalaxer

Okay, I have fixed it, but only with a downloaded tileset off Stencylforge. For some reason, premade tilesets work, but mine do not, unless I throw my tiles into a premade tileset, which is overly time consuming. Please keep trying to find a solution. :D