Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

It's a Space Thing

Bhoopalan

Finally in the US and Japan as well :)

Any further revenue update?
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

suitcasenuke

With the half day in the US, it did just over $900 in revenue and sitting at about $2500 total. I don't have the download numbers from yesterday, but without them it's sitting at 45k.

riki82

Wow! Very good revenue!

TheeSeaverShow

With the half day in the US, it did just over $900 in revenue and sitting at about $2500 total. I don't have the download numbers from yesterday, but without them it's sitting at 45k.

Hey again! Love to see your success! Also, loving the game!  Quick question though... Are all your downloads mainly driven from features?  Did you send out any press kits to review sites / youtubers / app feature sites? Thanks for your time too!

Kyle

suitcasenuke

I would say, in this case, the downloads are almost 100 percent driven by the feature. I did contact Pocket Gamer and Touch Arcade, both of which provided some coverage before and around the release. I wouldn't say they were press kits, but they weren't informal either. Just a quick email and some screens laying out why the game may be worth their time.

That said, I wouldn't expand my scope beyond those two sites. As popular as those sites are, they don't really move the needle nearly as much as Apple's confidence will. But, trying to reach out to them can't hurt and is better than doing nothing. Just don't go nuts, emailing every site in the world.

EDIT: Actually, thinking back, I did even less than that. I added some press to the TF build and asked them to give it a whirl. TA wrote about it and PG picked up on it without me even contacting them. Around release time, I followed up and got some additional coverage.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:35:16 am by suitcasenuke »

suitcasenuke

So the features have ended! There are some minor ones in Asia, including some mulitplayer ones that I hope spread around to other stores. The game currently sits at 131K downloads! Pretty pleased with that.

I should mention that this hasn't really translated to Android installs. It's sitting at around 10k on Google Play. That's an estimate as Play's numbers are a few days behind typically.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:26:57 pm by suitcasenuke »

suitcasenuke

Cool! I hope this points to some more minor features down the line.

suitcasenuke

Also cool! The game got featured throughout most of the front pages of European stores under the 'Undiscovered Gems' title.

Max Finch

Bhoopalan

If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

Bombini

You are featured in the German store!

suitcasenuke

Yup! I saw that! A nice feature during the holidays. :) the game has been featured since release about a dozen times. Best New Updates, Undiscovered Gems and same screen multi features a bunch of times. If I could offer any advice at all it would be to add some kind of same device multiplayer if you can. It's been a feature machine.

Bombini

Well...your indie, the game looks appealing and has nice controls.
Apple likes that  :)

Awesomepants

I really love this game! I can't get past the eliminator, but so fun! I made this fanart, and I am looking forward to future updates! :D

suitcasenuke

Thanks for that! Glad you enjoy it. Things have slowed a bit as I'm working on other stuff, but as it happens, I'm actually putting together another update slowly right now. Another boss, some more skins. I think I might also add another special attack.