What's YOUR favorite feature in Stencyl ?

Vectrex71

Let's talk about YOUR favorite Feature in Stencyl !

Here is mine:

I love the possibility to "Stretch to fit" the whole scene, so it is really easy to make a game for devices like iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 without to have more than one layout.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:48:42 am by Vectrex71 »

ceosol

I love not having to code :)

Mineat

I like the ability to use the API of Kongregate and Newgrounds for achievements and whatnot. Those sites were awesome, back in the day!

DJEmergency

The behaviors is the best for me. I like to reuse code as much as possible!

merrak

Being able to write extensions and modify the engine. Also--Linux compatibility.

iii

The simplicity to alter the engine however/whenever I want to.
It feels just like the fun I had back in the mid '90s, when I used to mod PC games.

MrD69

My favorite feature is the ability to snap things to a grid and put graphics on a scene without having to hand code every x and y coordinate for the game.
Games: Arrow Mania, Breakout/Outbreak, Water Drop

SadiQ

I like the fact that I'm not forced to use blocks, I can use a good code editor to write code, I can add pretty much any library available in haxe (if I don't want to learn how to code it myself), and best of all, I like the fact that I can use the free version of Stencyl without any essential feature missing.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

gurigraphics

Tile API and Tile Animations

Although, I still have not explored many of possibilities:

ceosol

I like the fact that I'm not forced to use blocks, I can use a good code editor to write code, I can add pretty much any library available in haxe (if I don't want to learn how to code it myself), and best of all, I like the fact that I can use the free version of Stencyl without any essential feature missing.

I'm a dummy, I'll never understand coding :D

I'll change mine a little - I love being able to support myself using Stencyl as my full-time job. No other tool/device/engine/job would allow you to have zero experience in a field and zero starting capital while still allowing you to support yourself.

Vectrex71

Hey that's a real interesting thread ! Thanks so far for your participation !

Another great feature i love is the possibility to edit your Graphics / Actors with your Editor of your own choice from inside the IDE from Stencyl. Just set "Krita.exe" instead of "pencil" in the preferences and you re ready to edit!

CmdrWhitey13

Id have to say, mine now is the option to add collision shapes at runtime.
This allows me to accomplish a neat feature im developing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GZORH8nLJco" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GZORH8nLJco</a>

Drawing objects is a possibility.
Limited to imagination. Possibilities are endless.
All done with default Stencyl. No extensions. 

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:22:10 pm by CmdrWhitey13 »

khanghy2130

I like that it has block programming, easy for those who dont know coding.

MrD69

What I like is the ability to make a game once and export anywhere. You don't have to know about importing all the libraries for mobile deceives to get a flash game to work on iOS and Android.
Games: Arrow Mania, Breakout/Outbreak, Water Drop