Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Biotech Valley

ceosol

Step 4 is ligation. Transduction is getting it in cells with viruses. A better way to get it into cells would be Transformation.

FYI, restriction enzymes cut dna at a specific sequence. They do not remove the sequence (as indicated by the small pieces being taken out in your diagram). If you want fragments taken out, you need two restriction enzymes.

gurigraphics

These DNA are same of bacterias and viruses. The mutation does not will occur in the monster. Only in their children.

And I have not used 4 connections because it would be a very large ribbon. Also I not used two cuts. I made simplified. To the right and left is how if the ribbon continue.

But really, for a educational game this does not serve.

Other example

Even so doing still is wrong. Because there is no guarantee that the cut would be there. The sequence should be different.
And after that, use that piece to connect to another would be a lot of work for little result.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:49:45 am by gurigraphics »

ceosol

Even so doing still is wrong. Because there is no guarantee that the cut would be there. The sequence should be different.
And after that, use that piece to connect to another would be a lot of work for little result.

Not true, the cuts would be there because restriction enzymes recognize specific sequences. If you gave the reaction sub-optimal condition or not a lot of time then maybe you would only get one or the other or none at all. If you gave the reaction too much time, you would start getting star activity (cutting in the wrong site).

These DNA are same of bacterias and viruses. The mutation does not will occur in the monster. Only in their children.
I think you are confusing terms. Eukaryotes can have children. Bacteria reproduce through binary fission (both cells would have the same DNA). Viruses replicate by hijacking the host cells. Restriction enzymes are found in bacteria. Finally, restriction enzymes are a way to conserve DNA. It is only mutation if something goes wrong in the process. If you are using RE's for a scientific experiment, you need to remove the bits that you cut out because they would have a higher chance of ligating back into the original spot (nullifying what you want to accomplish).

I know you are not creating an education based game, so just be careful with your terms. Instead of using real terms incorrectly, just saying that you are "splicing DNA". People generally view splicing to mean a wide variety of things.

gurigraphics

Not true, the cuts would be there because restriction enzymes recognize specific sequences. If you gave the reaction sub-optimal condition or not a lot of time then maybe you would only get one or the other or none at all. If you gave the reaction too much time, you would start getting star activity (cutting in the wrong site).

Of course it's true. Why the sequence is repeated AGTC AGTC AGTC
So, the cut can generate CTAG, or CTAGCTAG or CTAGCTAGCATG, etc.
The cutting of the example is just one of the possibilities.
So the sequence should be different to get only one type of piece.

I think you are confusing terms. Eukaryotes can have children. Bacteria reproduce through binary fission (both cells would have the same DNA). Viruses replicate by hijacking the host cells. Restriction enzymes are found in bacteria. Finally, restriction enzymes are a way to conserve DNA. It is only mutation if something goes wrong in the process. If you are using RE's for a scientific experiment, you need to remove the bits that you cut out because they would have a higher chance of ligating back into the original spot (nullifying what you want to accomplish).

Who will have children are the monsters. There are not the bacteria and viruses. kkk
And the mutation can occur by error, by radiation, by chemical, by virus, etc.
And if it is a Germline Mutation It can be passed to descendants.

Even so, these monsters do not even exist. And how is a game I do not need to follow the reality.

Natrium

If I remember correctly, Ceosol was a biologie teacher or something, so it's understandable he doesn't tolerate such errors in games. :P

gurigraphics

If I remember correctly, Ceosol was a biologie teacher or something, so it's understandable he doesn't tolerate such errors in games. :P
This is normal:
Poor communication -> Poor interpretation. -> Mutation of what we said. -> Errors 

ceosol

I am one of the world's experts in genetic manipulation of bacteria. I tolerate errors in games, but if I see terminology errors in my specific area of expertise, sure I'll point it out :P

Even so, these monsters do not even exist. And how is a game I do not need to follow the reality.
In my opinion, it is not a bad thing to have real material in a fantasy game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQrTHrwyxQ
If you change your mind and want to have real stuff in your game, let me know :)

gurigraphics

I am one of the world's experts in genetic manipulation of bacteria. I tolerate errors in games, but if I see terminology errors in my specific area of expertise, sure I'll point it out :P

It is good to discuss these issues at this stage of development. Why after is complicated to change something that has been set.

In my opinion, it is not a bad thing to have real material in a fantasy game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQrTHrwyxQ
If you change your mind and want to have real stuff in your game, let me know :)

I thought today about do just that. The player collects bacteria, restriction enzymes, etc., and then, if he is curious to know what this is or what he's doing, it searches the Internet and ready. Each will come to a different conclusion, and I do not need to waste time explaining that actually was done, or if it is right or wrong, or if it is possible or not. This they will ask you for your teachers. And every teacher will explain something different too. And I'm out of it.

The game's steps are:

1- Killing monsters.
2- Collect samples of bacteria.
3- Put bacteria on a Restriction Machine.
4- Get samples of restriction enzymes: ACGT, TTTT, etc

Depending on the type of monster killed and collected bacteria, the higher probability of leaving a better or worse restriction enzymes.

Values
C = 0, T=1, A=3, G= 4
Example:
CCCC = 0000
GGGG = 4444

To simplify:
bacteria colected = gold ore
machine = random slots roulette
restriction enzymes = gold coins
-----------------------------------------------
5- Killing monsters.
6- Collect samples of virus.
7- Put virus on a Modification Machine.
8- Get samples of modification enzymes: ACGT, TTTT, etc

Depending on the type of monster killed and collected virus, the higher probability of leaving a better or worse modification enzymes.

Values
C = 0, T=1, A=3, G= 4
CCCC = 0000
GGGG = 4444

To simplify:
virus colected = silver ore
machine = random slots roulette
modification enzymes = silver coins
9- The monsters lay eggs.
10- Put a egg on a REM Machine.
11- Put restriction enzyme and modification enzyme on a REM Machine.
12- Get new monster

Examples:
Restriction: CCCT:0001 + Egg CCCC:0000  + Modification: GGGT:4441
Generate Monster = CCCT: 0001

Restriction: CCCT:0001 + Egg CCCC:0000  + Modification:TGGG:1444
Generate Monster = CCCC: 0000

Restriction: CCCT:0001 + Egg CCCG:0004  + Modification: GGGT:4441
Generate Monster = CCCG: 0004

To simplify:
modification enzymes = change level
eggs = min level up
restriction enzymes = max level up

Conditions:
1- To have the mutation the letters of enzymes need to be equal.
2- To have the mutation the letters of enzymes need be in the same position.
3- To have the mutation the letters of enzymes need be higher than of egg.

This is the REM Mutation (Restriction, Eggs, Modification) developed in 2216.

P.S: There is no male and female monster. All lay eggs.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:54:52 am by gurigraphics »

ceosol

Hermaphrodites are a normal thing in nature, so no male or female monsters is a real thing.

On the rest of it, let me know if you want a microbiologist consultant on the game. I would be happy to help out since it could be used partially for education :)

gurigraphics

Hermaphrodites are a normal thing in nature, so no male or female monsters is a real thing.
On the rest of it, let me know if you want a microbiologist consultant on the game. I would be happy to help out since it could be used partially for education :)

Certainly. When and if the game get some success you can help in the development of the wiki of the game.

I need improve the project before seeking help and sponsors.

For now I made a list of some possible sponsors: DuPont, LanzaTech, Sapphire Energy, NatureWorks, Amyris.

And of the largest biotech companies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_biotechnology_companies

I start aiming at the moon to hit something.

gurigraphics

The Cards Duel

Example:
--------------------------------
Player use Card Monster = CCCT = level 0001

versus

Enemy use Card Monster = CCCG = level 0004
Round 01

Enemy use Virus Card GGGG = attack 4444
Player use Bacteria Card GGGG = defense 0004

Result:
damage 0
Player Monster = level 0001
Round 02

Player use Virus Card GGGG = attack 4444
Enemy use Bacteria Card AAAA = defense 3333

Result:
damage  -1
Enemy Monster regresses
Enemy Monster = level 0003
-------------------
And so on until you reach the level 0 and transform into an egg.
-------------------

Special Cards and Powers

Block Attack - blocks enemy's attack in one of the slots.
Block Defense - blocks enemy's defense in one of the slots.
Unblock Attack - unblocks enemy's attack in one of the slots.
Unblock Defense - unblocks enemy's defense in one of the slots.

Cancel - aborts the effect of card.
Infect - regresses all 4 slots in 1 in each round.
Disinfect - aborts infect effect.
Reflect - reflect the effect of card.

The Cards Machine

Restriction enzymes TTTT can be used to create a Bacteria Card TTTT: 1111
Modification enzymes TTTT can be used to create a Virus Card TTTT: 1111

Block Attack I - 1xxx - need alanine
Block Attack II - x1xx - need arginine
Block Attack III - xx1x - need asparagine
Block Attack IV - xxx1 - need aspartic acid

Unblock Attack I - 1xxx - need cysteine
Unblock Attack II - x1xx - need glutamine
Unblock Attack III - xx1x - need glutamic acid
Unblock Attack IV - xxx1 - need glycine

Block Defense I - 1xxx - need histidine
Block Defense II - x1xx - need isoleucine
Block Defense III - xx1x - need leucine
Block Defense IV - xxx1 - need lysine

Unblock Defense I - 1xxx - need methionine
Unblock Defense II - x1xx - need phenylalanine
Unblock Defense III - xx1x - need proline
Unblock Defense IV - xxx1 - need serine

Cancel - need threonine
Infect - need tryptophan
Disinfect - need tyrosine
Reflect - need valine

The Twenty Amino Acids

Aliphatic - alanine, glycine, isoleucine, leucine, proline, valine
Aromatic - phenylalanine, tryptophan, tyrosine
Acidic - aspartic acid, glutamic acid
Basic - arginine, histidine, lysine
Hydroxylic - serine, threonine
Sulphur - cysteine, methionine
Amidic - asparagine, glutamine

ceosol

Just to reiterate, restriction enzymes cut DNA at specific recognition sequences. RE's are proteins, not pieces of DNA. RNA is the one that can cut itself - called ribozyme instead of restriction enzyme.

gurigraphics

Just to reiterate, restriction enzymes cut DNA at specific recognition sequences. RE's are proteins, not pieces of DNA. RNA is the one that can cut itself - called ribozyme instead of restriction enzyme.

Ok. I did not talking more about DNA to avoid this kind of confusion and precision.

The CTAG of the restriction enzymes only indicates where can be the cut.
The CTAG of the modification enzymes only indicates where can be the change.
The CTAG of Egg only indicates what can be the modified.

Only by joining the 3 that will occur any DNA change due for power of the DNA Triforce which is still unknown by science.

And to know how this works inside the machine is need a depth study in REM Mutation in 2216. However, it is a secret information. Known only by the biotechnochemists of Biotech Valley, Academy of Monsters and Biotechnochemy. Furthermore, it is also necessary find the egg philosophical which makes you a God Mutant with eternal life and power of creating any kind of creature .  ;)

Talking about biotechnochemists, after I need change the introduction and narrative of the game for something better related to the game. Because the monsters turn into eggs and there is no death. And the violence that there, is the same of Pokemon, Harry Potter or Tom and Jerry.

ceosol

What you are referring to is more Directed Evolution. It is a real experiment and I have done it a few different ways in the past. Scientists in present day have not perfected it - the experiment takes many tries to form a desired outcome. Sometimes it can take hundreds or thousands of repetitions. In 200 years, Directed Evolution will probably be more mainstream with much quicker results. It is a complicated experiment but has the outcome that you are looking for in your game.

A Biotechnochemist sounds like Biomedical Engineer.

I'll shut up now :D

gurigraphics

What you are referring to is more Directed Evolution. It is a real experiment and I have done it a few different ways in the past. Scientists in present day have not perfected it - the experiment takes many tries to form a desired outcome. Sometimes it can take hundreds or thousands of repetitions. In 200 years, Directed Evolution will probably be more mainstream with much quicker results. It is a complicated experiment but has the outcome that you are looking for in your game.

A Biotechnochemist sounds like Biomedical Engineer.

I'll shut up now :D
The way is like this.

Bio - life (Aesthetics)
Tekhno - art (Dynamic)
Chemia - transmutation (Mechanical)

Biotechnochemy - The Art of Transmutation of Life.
Biotechnochemist is also known for Biodeveloper in 2216.

However, the term "chemy" is important to remember of "quantum chemistry" the big secret behind of this technology.