Custom Platform Engine [$$$]

Ethan

I know what you're thinking- "Ethan, there's already a ton of platformer engines available for you to use." Well, true. But they either have too much there to confuse me or need too much work to make them viable for my case.

I need an engine specifically built for a "hardcore" platformer game, like Jumper or Super Meat Boy. The game will feature 16x16 tiles, and levels that fit on one 640x480 screen. The most important thing is the jumping- in the Basic Platformer engine, among many others, you can use "variable jumping." If you don't know what it is, it means that the height of the jump varies on how long you press down on the jump button. Basically, it's used for precision jumping (if you can only jump one height no matter what, the game I'm thinking of is pointless).

Here are all of the features I'd like in the engine (in parenthesis I'll make sure that we're on the same page on what these things mean):

-Variable jumping (if you lightly tap the jump button, you barely jump. If you smash down on it, you fly up. And everything inbetween)

-Double jumping

-In-air jumping (if you fall to the ground without jumping, you can still jump midair- this is similar to double jumping, of course)

-Checkpoint block (walking on top of this block will save your location in the level, if you die you go back to here)

-Bounce block (walking on top of this block will bounce you in the air. I should be able to change how high the block bounces)

-Extra jump power-up (this allows you to jump more than a double jump. If you are in midair and you catch one of these items, it will allow you to jump again. You can only have one at a time, and if you land, it goes away)

Finally, the most important thing- whoever gives me this engine will receive 20% of profits from sponsorship.

Thanks in advance. I suggest you play Jumper 1, the Game Maker game, if you haven't already, for what I want with this.

Hectate

Do you intend to leave this as Flash only or are you hoping to port to iOS eventually?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Ethan

Do you intend to leave this as Flash only or are you hoping to port to iOS eventually?
I'm not sure about porting it on the iOS, it depends on how the game could still be controlled. I know Meat Boy was ported, IRC, but I don't know how it went.

Hectate

I'd like to give it a shot then. My main concern was just my unfamiliarity with iOS. But don't let my offer dissuade anyone else - I'm extremely time limited so just because I offer first doesn't mean I'll complete anything first.

If you prefer, send an email with your precise needs and deadlines.

nathaniel.mitchell on gmail.com
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

chaosoul

I might try for this since I've been absent from stencyl for a while. For in-air jumping I think it could simply use the double jump behavior just have the game detect a single jump even though it hasn't and then double jump.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

Ethan

The position has been filled, please close this