(Help) Costume System

IDMan

As it says in the title, I want to make a locker system for my game ... something simple, an example would be ... select the menu items something and when you come back to play, you have put this item

I'd appreciate your help...

If you do not understand something or something is misspelled, it is because I use google translator because I do not speak English

JeffreyDriver

Let me just check, you're talking about equipping an item?

Can you link to an example of what you're trying to do?

You'll need to learn about attributes in Stencyl. They'll let you check if an item is selected. I can't really help more until I understand exactly what you're trying to do.
Current Projects:
Retro Redux Compilation (NEW).
Retro Redux (untitled) (NEW).
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

IDMan

Ok ... another example detailed serious this, I need is that every time I select an item in the menu items, you will put my character ... and I want to know the following ...

1- To make a garment would have to redraw the character and all its animations with the garment placed?

2-there a way to use a variable to avoid having to do question 1?

JeffreyDriver

Okay, now I have a better idea of what you're trying to do.

There's two ways that come to mind
1) Use actors - simply add an actor and position it over your player actor. (or simply swap the actor.) You'll need to keep updating it's position, but that's easy to do
2) Use images and draw onto the player actor.
Current Projects:
Retro Redux Compilation (NEW).
Retro Redux (untitled) (NEW).
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

IDMan

Ok thank you very much and I start to implement it in my game, my idea 1 parese more feasible, but I wonder if it is not too much trouble you to pass me some source or example of the idea 1 (because I'm new and I do not have much knowledge even of stencyl) ... if it's too much trouble no matter.

PhilIrby

There is a dress-up game on StencylForge that would probably help with your game. Go to StencylForge from the Stencyl app, select Game from left menu, then find Teaching Demo - dress-up game and download. Good luck.