"Camera Follow" only working in 1x scale

Crossland88

Hello,

I have been working on a couple games and both seem to be having the same issue with scaling, The camera follows the player throughout the scene just fine when I use 1x scaling. However when I change the scale to any higher it seems to throw off the X,Y, coords for the "Camera Follow" behavior,  as I can no longer see my player unless I set scaling back to 1x, (even a block in my actor for the camera to always follow the center of self will not work accept on 1x). This makes any game scale higher then 1x scale unplayable.

I've spent hours trying to figure this out, I've tried different camera behaviors, searched the forum, what am I missing? this has been stumping me for weeks.  :'( :'( :'(
Making questionable quality games since HyperCard

xplosion28

Are you trying to go full screen with the game?

Crossland88

It seems like whether I use full screen on or not my player actor gets pushed out of the screen. On 1x scale he's in center on 2x scale hes at the screens edge barely visible, by 3x scale he is out of the screen and can still move around but the camera wont center on him, only with 1x scale.

JeffreyDriver

Sounds like it could be do with things being positioned in relation to the screen or the scene?
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

xplosion28

Set scale to 1x for both options then set scaling to scale to fit letterbox.  Toggle full screen and it should be fine.  If you make the screen a 16:9 ratio, the full screen mode should look perfect.

Crossland88

That seems to fix the issue..... Now when I toggle to full screen after the game is tested in flash player it seems like both my games camera's are working correctly no matter the scale I pick, but this is only working when I test in flash player, not in flash browser, does this mean I cant full screen my game if i play it in a browser? fortunately if that's the case its not a deal breaker for me.

Anyways.......Thank you very much xplosion28 for solving this for me.