Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Anybody use wacom art tablet or any other tablet?

choppedupmonkey

I am debating on buying a wacom intuos but idk if it will help any. Does anybody here use one? Any advice?
My name is Jason, I live in America, and I am 16 years old :) I dream of success and hope to achieve it with my favorite company ever...STENCYL! I love helping people and if you need help feel free to email me at detourstudios07@gmail.com

"Focus more on the product than profit, for the profit will come after the product." -Me

domagojbulat

I use Intuos and it is very nice. For pixel art it is not necessary, but speeds things up. When you want to paint something else, it becomes very handy. You can not use mouse to paint like you do by hand holding a brush or pen. Also, graphic tablet allows easily changing thickness of strokes etc.

Nikkita31

Hi Choppedup.

This is what I use right now. This is not the best around but it does the job very well and you  might want to consider the price and  the pen's pressure sensitivity especially if you have a tight budget:

https://www.amazon.com/Huion-H610PRO-Painting-Drawing-Graphics/dp/B00GIGGS6A

tigerteeth

Hi!

I bought one recently, I have to say, it is not a miracle machine that is magically going to make you a great artist. But, you can buy one second hand and have a play with it, and if you don't like it, sell it on again.

Hectate

I bought a Wacom Bamboo off of ebay a while ago. It's definitely handy but like any art skill it takes practice. Also, if you're not used to holding a pen/pencil all day or writing a lot, the muscles in your hand will cramp up. It's just like exercising any other muscle; you have to build it up.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

PhaserRave

I've used a wacom tablet for ages. I pretty much use it for everything, even general computing. The only things I don't use them for is FPS gaming, where the game spazzes out whenever I try. But it's amazing for everything else, even programs like Blender.
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

iii

I had fun with a Wacom Intuous 3 for a few years until I lost the pen. (Too lazy to buy a replacement.)
Bought it when it first came out in 2004?2005?.
Its great but still can't beat the feel of a real physical pen and paper.
And I'm still much faster on the mouse when doing any retouching/repainting.