Suggest an Extension

Jon

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:16:14 am by Jon »

HNF

I'd love to have some way to pick coordinates in the behavior set-up page instead of inputting two number attributes. It'd also be cool if there was a way to gray out a certain attribute if a Boolean was set to true or false.

Legendary Hoamaru

Can extensions currently add custom blocks and types?  A Coordinate type would be a good addition for that.

Jon

Not yet. A coordinate type would be a built in type, probably, but I see a powerful but potentially complicated use case for custom data types (can't share on Forge except as a whole game).

Ceric

I'm positive some of you know what I would vote for, but I'll post it here since it could make a good extension: GUI editor. I want an easy way to skin message boxes and menus, and create menus and huds.

Darkhog

Not yet. A coordinate type would be a built in type, probably, but I see a powerful but potentially complicated use case for custom data types (can't share on Forge except as a whole game).

Or only when person downloading behavior with custom types have installed same extension. Just saying. It can be automated test, or any calls for custom data types in behaviors will show as code mode blocks at computers of people which don't have such extension. And for blocks defining... Well when one don't have extension which defines them, they'll behave like deprecated blocks in b367.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Ceric

A cool extension would be a procedural level generator tool, for example a tool that can generate either terrain or tile-based levels by setting some parameters. Here is a nifty example from the Flixel forums for a procedural "cave" generation script:

http://flixel.org/forums/index.php?topic=2544.msg0#new

HNF

A to-do list extension would be great.

Jon

A TODO list would probably have to hook into the Welcome Center to be useful.

Darkhog

Why? It can save .txt in game folder and when game with todo.txt is opened it'll show that list for this game.

Jon

You take what I say too literally. HNF made no indication of what he really intended, and I was inferring a global TODO list as opposed to a game-specific one. What comes out is entirely up to what HNF desires. Both variants have a place.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:28:24 pm by Jon »

Hectate

A cool extension would be a procedural level generator tool, for example a tool that can generate either terrain or tile-based levels by setting some parameters. Here is a nifty example from the Flixel forums for a procedural "cave" generation script:

http://flixel.org/forums/index.php?topic=2544.msg0#new
Procedural tile generation and auto-tile functions would be great.

+1
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Darkhog

For autotiles I'd see it rather as built-in function rather than extension, because it'd need changes on both SW and engine parts. But I'll describe it in Suggestion Box in a minute more elaborate.

HNF

You take what I say too literally. HNF made no indication of what he really intended, and I was inferring a global TODO list as opposed to a game-specific one. What comes out is entirely up to what HNF desires. Both variants have a place.
Well I meant a game-specific to-do list, although a global to-do list could be beneficial as well.

Alexin

I started working on a TODO extension when I first published Keep'em Safe!
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com