Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

How do I Take a Screenshot of Windows Full Screen Games? [Solved]

rob1221

The standard print screen just results in a black screenshot. The [current screen as image] block, which I currently use, is not accurate, especially when actors are rotated.  I'm on Windows 7.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:45:15 am by rob1221 »

LIBERADO

You can read the information shown in the middle of this page: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/19203/how-do-i-take-screenshots-of-fullscreen-games-on-a-windows-7-pc
It seems clear and appropriate to easily understand your problem and solve it in several ways.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 08:19:32 am by LIBERADO »
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

rob1221

I tried turning off desktop composition as suggested and that didn't change anything.  Greenshot was one of the programs suggested, but I'm already using it.  Of course there are other programs I could try, but I'm hoping another Stencyl user has already found a solution so I can avoid all the trial and error  :-\

LIBERADO

Greenshot doesn't support DirectX/OpenGL sources.
I can assure you that any screen capturer that supports DirectX/OpenGL sources will work for you.
Some of them are: FRAPS, Bandicam, Super Screen Capture, SnagIt.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:41:25 am by LIBERADO »

rob1221

The free version of FRAPS solved the problem, although it saves the image as a BMP which I had to convert using my old Irfanview because Graphicsgale screws up the left side pixels of BMP files.  I use OBS to record video which unfortunately doesn't have a screenshot option.

LIBERADO

I used IrfanView. Now I use XnViewMP. I am glad that your problem is solved now.

iii

I use MSI Afterburner.
It records video & can screen capture to JPG/BMP/PNG.
So far it works flawlessly.