Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Scene Transition requests

SadiQ

Wow Hectate. That's really cool. Can a blur filter be added to soften the transition between images?
@Bhoopalan: Thanks. I had a lot of fun making those particles, and I learned some cool things from it :)
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Hectate

I was thinking about adding a couple of levels of partial transparency to test softening the edge, but that's not the only method available to accomplish it so we will see.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Hectate

Ok, blurring is implemented and it does not appear to have a significant impact on performance at the levels I've tested.

Check it out here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/35316
Note that the blur level is fairly high here to accentuate the effect. Lower values would be more typical.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

rob1221

How is the performance on other platforms?

Hectate

No idea yet! :)

Incidentally, scaling is now implemented as well. If the image is too large or small it should properly scale up or down to fit the entire screen. This actually has some benefits in that we can now use down to a single-pixel width/height image for some of the simple wipes. Saves a little bit of memory I guess.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

Hectate

Since development stalled (we have many, and varied, interests that take us away from any particular project), SadiQ and I have decided to release the transitions that are ready. I have to do some final packaging into extension form, and write some documentation about them, but I hope to be able to release these sometime this weekend for everyone to use.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

Eriko

Thank you, Hectate and SadiQ. Looking forward for it.

Hectate

:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.