Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

RPG Platformer Kit

Luyren

If there were any mistakes on my part, I've fixed them now. Forge > Kits > Newest, it is there.
Working.

MetalRenard

I'm DEFINITELY going to try this out :D
Composer. Rocker. World Ambassador For Foxes.
http://metalrenardmusic.com/

pillowrancher

There it is. Thanks a lot.

Luyren

Oh, as a heads up:

It's a work in progress, and it's lacking in sample content. If you need help, find a bug, or just want some tips, you can either post here, or send me a PM. I'd be glad to help you!
Working.

MetalRenard

I found an issue or two:
When the enemy (on the test map) shoots you, as soon as one shot hits you take all subsequent shots as damage whether they hit you or not.

When on a slightly different height, the player can't hit the enemy actor. This can be as small as 1 pixel.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:12:33 am by MetalRenard »
Composer. Rocker. World Ambassador For Foxes.
http://metalrenardmusic.com/

Luyren

I found an issue or two:
When the enemy (on the test map) shoots you, as soon as one shot hits you take all subsequent shots as damage whether they hit you or not.

When on a slightly different height, the player can't hit the enemy actor. This can be as small as 1 pixel.

That's the poison effect. Notice that the player turns purple? After a time it wears off.

For the height problem, this is probably due to the enemies collision bounds. I'll check that later.
Working.

Noa3

hi i will use your kit to make a megaman Play Kit but i have some problems :(.
first is if i will make the animations to movments, i have porblem with the jump Behavior.

i have give this a actor and all needed things edidit but the actor "glitch" in the world and make nothing....
what can i do to make a normal jump? without this glitch

here the data. pls help me :(
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5508209/Megaman%20All%20Kit.7z

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:53:32 am by Noa3 »

Luyren

hi i will use your kit to make a megaman Play Kit but i have some problems :(.
first is if i will make the animations to movments, i have porblem with the jump Behavior.

i have give this a actor and all needed things edidit but the actor "glitch" in the world and make nothing....
what can i do to make a normal jump? without this glitch

here the data. pls help me :(
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5508209/Megaman%20All%20Kit.7z

You problem is that Zero's animations have different sizes, and the collision boxes also have different sizes. When it hits the ground, it changes to another animation. In that animation, the bottom of the collision box is not touching the ground, thus switching to the falling animation.

It's best practice to have all the animations of a given actor with the same dimensions. The collision boxes must have its "Bottom" at the same position, to avoind the glitch you're seeing. This should take care of you problem, I believe. Check Nova's (the sample actor) animations to see what I mean.
Working.

Noa3

ahhh ok thanks man :D
i have another little question, can i use your RPG Platformer KIt to make a commplete fan game kit?
or you will this not?

Have a nice day :)

Luyren

ahhh ok thanks man :D
i have another little question, can i use your RPG Platformer KIt to make a commplete fan game kit?
or you will this not?

Have a nice day :)

I think in it's current state then kit can be used for a Magaman game without problems. As long as you give me credit (something like "Based off of Luyren's RPG Platformer Kit"), I have no problem.
Working.

Luyren

Ladies and gentlemen!

After what I believe were 3 months without a noteworthy update, I've finally found a way to add modifiers to the character's attributes. That is, any bonus you might want to remove after a period of time, be it equipment bonus, pick ups or even skills.

Attached are the new Character Status behavior, and the custom blocks.

The gist of it is that you have to assign an index for the bonus. For example, your Equip Armor behavior adds the modifier to index 0. If you try to add any bonus to index 0, only the greater will apply. Also, you can add a timer for each index.

Examples:
With an armor that gives +3 strength at index 0, a weapon with +4 strength at index 1, a skill that gives +10 strength for 5 seconds at index 2 and a pick up that gives +5 strength at index 2 for 3 seconds, you'd have:

Base Strength + 3, +4, +10 (for 5 seconds)
The pick up bonus shares the same index of the skill, and the bonus is lower, so it isn't applied.

That's about it. I'm a little over excited about this, as I've been some time looking for the best way to implement this. I don't know if it's actually the best, but it works, so I'm good with it.

Next up I'm trying to make temporary damage resistance modifiers, and temporary status resistance modifiers. Might take a while.

Note: It's not uploaded. I'm just giving a little progress report.
Working.

VirusChris

Wow... that's... that's a lot of code boxes there! No way I could've thought of that nor make so much!

Impressive!
INVOKE... VIRUS SOUL!!! ~ Chris Yuushi
"VirusChris" manga project - Unleash the power of the Nazo Virus

Luyren

Thanks! It's just big because I'm using three lists for each attribute, and there are 7.
Working.

tabletop

Its amazing how much content and capabiltiy this kit has gained. If only I knew how to fully utilize the complex behaviors by seeing examples in action..

JustOneMoreGame

Hey Luyren,

Are you able to (briefly) explain how to create a 'list' in Stencyl?
It doesn't appear to be in the docs anywhere here. Who knows why.

I need to use them for a simple Point n Click adventure. (explanation here)

thanks so much :)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:12:08 pm by JustOneMoreGame »