Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

RPG Platformer Kit

Luyren

Perhaps I can have something in the next two weeks, for I have some urgent short-term matters right now-ish, sorry about that.
Working.

axg

This sounds great. Luyren, is this still in the works?

Luyren

It is still in the works, but you will have better luck in the short term using the stuff I've shared in the past, like the RPG Elements pack.
Working.

tabletop

Are we close to a release date

Luyren

I am aiming for the next two months.
Working.

tabletop

Is it coming? Lol

Luyren

Guess a proper update is in order:

I am currently revising every behavior and writing documentation. That means creating icons, checking for spelling/grammar mistakes and testing every single one of them to make sure it works and is bug free. Out of 138 behaviors,  34 have been tested and documented. Along the way I am also creating  sample actors to A) serve as examples and B) to have a working short game to go along side the kit. The graphics are simple, but the amount of options means I have to create a lot more than anticipated. For example the main character has so far 49 animations (double that if you add right/left facing), so there is content creation on top of that.

I also got a job as an orchestra violinist, so  my time on this is slightly reduced. I guess it's more realistic not to give an estimate, for I missed all of them so far.

Anyway, I can show something at least.
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/33592

Play it like a Megaman X game, with Z,X,C and arrows to control. You can dash, air dash, double jump, duck, crawl, attack in all these states,  and have a ground combo.
Working.

Ozygiygas

This is incredible! Any way you could share the engine? Would love to play with this.

EDIT: Should've checked the other posts. My bad.

Luyren

Small update:

Took a break on documentation to fix/update some skill behaviors, and added a light source mechanic that works with the Tint Screen behavior. Also re-purposed some tilesets and enemies from something else I'm working on to use for the demo. So here is a screenshot.
Working.

Luyren

Revision on skills took a while, but were necessary. The way it is now is that one behavior can handle multiple skills. For instance, both Fireball and Magic Missiles are handled by one behavior now, as seen here:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/33592

Mouse click to reset, buttons are Z,X,C,A,S,D (and arrows).  X can be held down to slowly fall with the right character, who can also air dash and air jump infinitely. Z can also be used to pick up the green block (which still need some more configuration options).  Still need to decide how to implement one thing or two in the way you can set a skill target, then I can get back to writing documentation.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 08:01:19 pm by Luyren »
Working.

tabletop

This looks great. There is no estimated release date yet right

Luyren

Right, I'd rather not try to give estimates. I will try to give more frequent updates on the progress though.
Working.

tabletop

Is this really ever coming lol

tabletop

do you think you'll still release this?

squeeb

Id really like to see this!  no posts on this thread since april though :(