RPG Platformer Kit

tabletop

oh haha thats good lmao. So what exactly is that purple meter? And i walked off the screen and died and now even if i load the game in a new window it wont let me load a new game nor can I start a new game since it the game doesnt create a new player actor lol.

Luyren

oh haha thats good lmao. So what exactly is that purple meter? And i walked off the screen and died and now even if i load the game in a new window it wont let me load a new game nor can I start a new game since it the game doesnt create a new player actor lol.
Purple meter is experience. This bug is something I still have to look into.
Working.

niccosw

This is great work! I'm looking forward to the update. ETA?

And thanks for generously sharing with the community.   :)

Luyren

This is great work! I'm looking forward to the update. ETA?

And thanks for generously sharing with the community.   :)

I'm aiming for thursday, but I fear I'll only get it on Forge on the weekend.

EDIT:Fixed the load game and the no-stop-when-talking-with-NPCs issues.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:02:12 am by Luyren »
Working.

tabletop

A weird collision glitch i discovered is if you jump onto a monster collision directly from the top youl sometimes go through it for a split second than shoot out of it at a high velocity like a cannon off the screen or into the sky.

Edit: This glitch happens i think because when you are hit for 0 damage, you can go through the monster and thus when it hits you again while your inside of it you go flying out

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:22:25 pm by tabletop »

Luyren

Yeah, it was bad configuration from my part. I set the minimum damage for the player to 1, and increased the time he's stunned. This should do the trick.

EDIT:Updated the damage on collision behavior to work like the Pierce Damage behavior (solving the issue you found). Also updated the Combo behavior to avoid some nasty bugs I had. And some minor stuff.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:09:08 pm by Luyren »
Working.

tabletop

Will there be a way to set different amounts of damage in a combo attack sequence? Like the stab does more damage than the slash?

Luyren

Will there be a way to set different amounts of damage in a combo attack sequence? Like the stab does more damage than the slash?

I'll have to add that. How would you want this customization to be?

I'm thinking enabling a damage modifier in percentage to each hit, and a critical rate modifier, also in percentage, for each hit.
Working.

tabletop

Yeah I am getting all my sprites ready now, a damage modifier would make sense for the regular attack combos.

How easy would it be to make your own attacks/skills, such as like an attack where a character stands still and a sword spinning animation is playing and  and the collision hit effect is spawned in place around the character for as long as the button is held down for, and it slowly consumes mp?
I made an animation of what the attack would be like in this link, the yellow after effect would be the "collision" orbit.     http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/8232

Or what about a "dash attack" like when you dart into an enemy it also has a damage collision attached to you to hurt them sorta like that shield dash behavior you had from dungeon rush?

Luyren

Dash Attack should come with the kit, I'll get that in the weekend.

For your skill, I can send you a screen shot of how the behavior would look like. There's already a template for skill behaviors, it's just a matter of adding what you want.
Working.

tabletop

Alright thanks, looking forward to making an epic side scrolling action rpg with the upcoming update.

I read up top you added a "defense" behavior, is that a defense stat being calculated into damage reduction, or is it an actual "defend" button?

Luyren

Alright thanks, looking forward to making an epic side scrolling action rpg with the upcoming update.

I read up top you added a "defense" behavior, is that a defense stat being calculated into damage reduction, or is it an actual "defend" button?

Hold a button, defend.
Working.

tabletop

Sorry to bother you again, but I remember a problem i had the last time i started a big project on this kit about a year ago, when a character jumps and attacks I see that you can sorta like control his movement while attacking, is there a way to make it so when your attacking in the air you cant like start changing direction and moving backwards mid-air, etc.

Luyren

That's ok, don't worry about it!

All attacks behaviors now have a list of behaviors to disable. So there's a check box to stop actor movement or not (set speed to 0) and then you disable the Walk behavior via this list.
Working.

tabletop

Alright sounds good, greatly anticipating the release lmao.