Multi Touch I'm officially out of ideas now, please help! [NEED INFO]

zerosimms

Can any, someone please, please tell me how to get multi touch working?

I'm busting to get this game completed and I can't go any further until I get two actors drag-able at the same time.

@Jon, I've put in the .h and .a files you sent yesterday, no complaints any more in xcode :-) Just no multi touch either :-(

With code (1), all touch is simply ignored.
With code (2), it freezes all the actors, then when released the actors "catch up" (as if while my fingers are on the screen are Pausing all actors)
With code (3), it does the same as (2)

these are just some examples of what I've tried and to me when I read them, especially the first one it makes sense.

For each 'Started' touch point
I.E for each finger on the screen, if a finger touches self (and this code is attached to my actors)
set the x and y position to the x and y of each dragged touch point.

What am I missing?

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:28:34 am by Jon »

Jon

Have you done basic printouts to verify that the data's actually there? I'll double-check, but we're reporting the raw touch data as Apple provides it.

zerosimms

Hey Jon, seeing as I have no idea what you mean, then I havent, sorry :-(

If you can tell me what I need to do in order to get the printouts I'll happily run it now.

Cheers

zerosimms

Think I know what you are talking about, this is being printed in Xcode when I select my actor/s

2011-11-20 21:46:39.317 AppScaffold[3043:707] 60 FPS
2011-11-20 21:46:40.171 AppScaffold[3043:707] -[Game dragTouches]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x937200
2011-11-20 21:46:40.185 AppScaffold[3043:707] -[Game dragTouches]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x937200
2011-11-20 21:46:40.207 AppScaffold[3043:707] -[Game dragTouches]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x937200
2011-11-20 21:46:40.219 AppScaffold[3043:707] -[Game dragTouches]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x937200

Jon

Got it - I'll see what I can do. That isn't crashing the app?

Jon

Are you sure you stuck both files I mentioned in the e-mail in the correct place? Based on what I see here, everything checkins in fine, and 8bitwit confirmed that the patch worked.

zerosimms

Hey Jon

I can confirm that I put the files in the correct location.

I'm in the process of re-downloading the latest build and will try adding them again from a fresh install.

Cheers

zerosimms

Hey Jon,

I've noticed that the lib-stencyl file you sent me is for the simulator not for the device, does that matter when I'm testing on the Ipad?

Update -

I downloaded the latest build (b62)
I copied the two files into their relative locations, added the Mac address in Stencly then went to 'Test Game (device)'

Now when I try to build for the Ipad I get the following error in Xcode:

Error Starting Executable “AppScaffold”
putpkt: write failed: Broken pipe

Just to confirm my settings, I've attached a screen shot of my file structure showing the files in their locations (both with the date 19th Novemeber)

Jon

Yeah - you can only test on the simulator with that. I tend not to send both along because they're big.

zerosimms

The only problem with that is I can't test simultaneous multi touches on the simulator, I need to test on the pad itself, unless I can plug two mice in and use them both at the same time?

Jon

OK, I'll send over the device build.

zerosimms

For those who may experience the following error:

Error Starting Executable “AppScaffold”
putpkt: write failed: Broken pipe

Re-start your device then re-run the code!

8bitwit

I could use the device build now too.

zerosimms

@8bittwit did you get multi touch working on your IOS device?