Multi Touch I'm officially out of ideas now, please help! [NEED INFO]

8bitwit

@8bittwit did you get multi touch working on your IOS device?

I did, but my behavior just involved creating recycled actors at each touch point. I'll need to be able to drag two actors at once also, but I haven't gotten to that just yet. It's on my plate for this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

zerosimms

Please do!

I havent been able to look at my game for about a week (made redundant at work), but been playing around again tonight still can't two actors to move at the same time, it's killing me :-)

Jon

This might be a good demo/example for us to include in the future.

zerosimms

It would be helpful :-)

Do you know if it actually works?
I mean, Being able to touch two or more objects at the same time and move them independently?

The best I can get are the two objects fighting for the same position, it's hard to explain so I've attached a video of the issue:

Also I've attached a screenshot of the code.
Oh and I've added the .a and .h files you sent me :-)

zerosimms

Hey 8bittwit, Did you manage to get multi touch independently working on actors?

8bitwit

I've attempted it a couple of times but each time the actors jockey for the same touch point if there's more than one. I've been lurking around cocos2d forums to see if I can decipher how they implemented multi-touch, but I've hit a wall on trying to figure it. I've been busy trying to get my game all finished and polished but an impromptu visit from my girlfriend's parents has kept me away from my game more than I would have liked. Once I finish the first release of my game I'll touch back on this subject because I'd like to implement multiple draggable actors in future level packs (I'll finish in the next day or two and start work on this).

zerosimms

Bummer... I'll have to drop this game then until it's working which is a shame, at least I know it's not something I'm doing wrong so thanks for the reply!

If/when you get a chance to look would you mind sharing your fix please?

Best of luck with your game by the way, it's looking fantastic, really polished!
Can I ask what software you used to create the video?

8bitwit

I'll definitely let you know, sorry I didn't let you know earlier.

I used a combination of things. Stencyl to make the cutscenes and the gameplay (obviously), which was then captured with Screen Flow. Then I used Final Cut Pro to do the picture in picture video, and finally I pieced it all together with iMovie. I could have just used Final Cut instead of iMovie, but I was borrowing a friends computer to use it and wasn't too familiar with the software. I'd like to get it for myself in the future though, it seems like a lot of fun.

zerosimms

Not at all, I appreciate your help I really do. I've been pulling my hair out over this one and thought it was something I was doing wrong so it's nice to know I'm not alone  :-)

It looks like i need something like screen flow to record the picture in picture for any future vids I do, Cheers bro!

Jon

I'll check your case tonight and see what's up.

zerosimms

Cheers Jon, that'll be great!

Jon

Could you get me that test game? I think that would speed this testing up.

zerosimms

Hey Jon, sorry for the delay in response.
I'll email you my game tonight.

Cheers!

zerosimms

Could you get me that test game? I think that would speed this testing up.

Hey Jon,

Have you had a chance to look into this yet?

Cheers

Jon

Hmm, could you e-mail that to me again? I'm running through tons of non-spam / must-reply e-mails a day now and must have lost track of it.