Flash Marketplace Shutting Down on FGL

1MrPaul1

last available sponsor Y8 not buying games now too...
Mobile games market is also closed if you do not have money on paid installs....
So...
only quality, only hard work, only professional games

colburt187

Yeah I guess it had to happen at some point.

For the record I'm still selling flash games to regular sponsors I've been working with for a couple of years. Also MrPaul, I don't think any of the people here who have actually made money through mobile games have done it with paid installs. I've never spent a penny on paid advertising so far.

LIBERADO

@colburt187, do you know where we can find reliable sponsors who still buy Flash games?
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

1MrPaul1

I think you re professional, so, all sponsors has a contacts and this is enough for them.
And with the mobile market you are happy enough that apple featured you.
But this is matter of luck.
All professional mobile developers are using paid installs for guarantied results.

colburt187

I think you re professional, so, all sponsors has a contacts and this is enough for them.
And with the mobile market you are happy enough that apple featured you.
But this is matter of luck.
All professional mobile developers are using paid installs for guarantied results.

Not going to drag this out as its not what the post was about, but All professional devs are not using paid installs. I know a lot and even the bigger indies like Nitrome or Hipster Whale are relying on features. I don't know any small scale indies like me using paid installs, I know the big guys like King and SuperCell pump millions of bucks into paid installs each year but thats a different business approach all together.

colburt187

@colburt187, do you know where we can find reliable sponsors who still buy Flash games?

I work with miniclip and 2player.com

LIBERADO

Grrr... I really hate that Flash games market is dead. I really love Flash games.
I will carefully analyze the aesthetic appearance of all featured games of colburt187, then I will try to make games with the same graphic style and, of course, with original mechanics. Although such graphics are nice, maybe they are not very difficult to create. I never imagined that someday I would have to create pixel art.
If players love nice pixel art, then let's make nice pixel art!

last available sponsor Y8 not buying games now too...
Mobile games market is also closed if you do not have money on paid installs....
So... only quality, only hard work, only professional games
For these reasons, I am also thinking of trying to sell desktop games on Steam, as rob1221 is doing.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:43:35 pm by LIBERADO »

Max Finch

It was only a matter of time. When I first started selling flash games I was making a considerable amount of money. Especially given the quality of my games then.

I could make a game in 3 days and sell it for $500-$1000.

Then last year a game which would've made an easy $2000 only made $700. I don't think my sponsor views surpassed more than 20 either.
I hate to see the flash game industry die -- I spent hours playing flash games when I was a kid, not to mention it used to be a real money tree as well.

========

As a side note is Steam even a good source of revenue? I feel like a game would have to be just as high quality for an Apple feature in order to get noticed.

LIBERADO

As a side note is Steam even a good source of revenue?
I am not sure. Some Stencylers who have sold a game on Steam seem satisfied.
However, I would like to read more opinions.

rob1221

With Steam you can at least earn some money without a feature, but on iOS it seems you either get featured or get nothing.

ceosol

Steam is definitely a good source of revenue. If I had known that at the time, I wouldn't have sold Dead6hot. With 120k owners,  I would have been completely satisfied :)

LIBERADO

And according to what rob1221 said in another thread, It seems that the collaboration of a publisher is not necessary to get greenlight and make money on Steam. So, you don't have to share your earnings.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:46:05 pm by LIBERADO »

Donni11

Its sad that FGL is shutting down. But it was only a matter of time, the flash industry keeps falling. The browsers stop supporting it ( by default), the ad companies stop using flash, and publishers and gamer want mobile.  Flash will always be a great memory though.
Peace

LIBERADO

I have found that sponsors are now asking for HTML5 games instead of Flash games.
So, we need a full HTML5 support in Stencyl. It is really important.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:10:53 am by LIBERADO »