Help! Why is it doing this?

Noroup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEPmWcmhoYs&feature=youtu.be

I show my code in the video. Basically, I made an up button so that whenever it is pressed, the cloud flies up. However, whenever the cloud hits something or flies offscreen, it is supposed to die and this error pops up. I do not want this popup.

Help what do I do?

LIBERADO

The most common cause of #1009 error is trying to carry out an action on an actor that no longer exists.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

Noroup

The most common cause of #1009 error is trying to carry out an action on an actor that no longer exists.
It's the cloud it dies and the player is still holding the button for it to move up, but the cloud is already dead thus resulting in the error. What do I do? Any ideas?

LIBERADO

Remove the mouse events in the scene events tab and create them in the cloud actor events tab. So, when the cloud actor is killed, its events are killed too.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:14:35 pm by LIBERADO »

Noroup

I can't because the only actors I can use IF I place it in the cloud is "Self" there isn't a way to connect it to the controls

Noroup

Remove the mouse events in the scene events tab and create them in the cloud actor events tab. So, when the cloud actor is killed, its events are killed too.
^ Ayudame por favor yo hablo English.  Miras mi detras post

I speak English mainly. Look at my previous post

LIBERADO

Remove the mouse events in your scene events tab and create them in the UpButton actor events tab.
In this way:

So, the "set [y-speed]..." block will be executed only while the cloud actor exists.

Noroup

Remove the mouse events in your scene events tab and create them in the UpButton actor events tab.
In this way:

So, the "set [y-speed]..." block will be executed only while the cloud actor exists.
I will try it when I get home and tell you how it goes thank you!

Noroup

In this way:

DUDE YOU FIXED IT OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH