Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Survive Custom - Divergent Conflicts (Devlog)

Rex189

The STJ production presents to you a new developed game "Survive Custom-Divergent Conflicts". The game will feature a top-down action adventure survival experience. The main goal is to maintain your survival and complete objectives as you proceed.

Story

Join Arsenic in his journey to save the hostages and find out the truth behind everything.

Features

-Showcasing game engine technology : This enables Survive Custom - Divergent Conflicts to bring unlimited possibilities to make it a triple AAA game experience for the players to enjoy.

-Flexibility : The player will be able to use any possibles to engage threats such as eliminating a guard with a rifle, pistol or even kicking a box to kill him!

-Survival Realism : Experience true effects of every wounds and choose which parts of your body to heal.

-Weaponry : From a ranged of firearms to melee weapons for you to use as you progress.

Notices

The game is still in early stages and requires time and funding to support it. Please check out the demo and consider donating as we would really appreciate it. The fund is required to get everything we need to make this a masterpiece.

Also, please note that the demo is developed more a year ago with free musics as we do not have enough funds. Please consider purchasing one of our games here.

https://stjiek.itch.io/hypovital

Screenshot (will be updated weekly)

Credit

-Rex. (Jack See): Director

-NightStalker (Okan Sen): Music Composer

Progress

-Early stage

Like our facebook page,

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Survive-Custom-448612125211737/?fref=ts
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/Survive_Custom

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:47:34 am by Rex189 »

Rex189

When someone needs your help but you don't bother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBssdIFfLpw

iii

Correct me if I'm wrong.
This is not created in Stencyl, right?
Are you developing this in GDevelop?
By checking your other youtube clip, I think I'm right.

Rex189

Yeah, it is developed in Gdevelop. It is used to be developed withStencyl but i soon find out it is lacking of power and capability to do what i want. Besides, there are no rules in the Journal stating it must be a Stencyl game.

iii

There's no Hard rules, sure.
Things that are  made in other engine is more appropriate in Chit Chat.
That is where you can talk about anything non Stencyl related.
Its what most people call common sense.
This is Stencyl forum, a forum made specially for Stencyl user.
Its not a general purpose forum.
For that, there's TIGSource, IndieDB, GameJolt, reddit, neogaf.

Usually we don't see other people who use Unreal Engine posting their journal in Unity forum, and vice versa.
Or even in GameMaker forum.
Try posting your journal there. I'm sure your thread won't even last a day. You might even get a banned.
Same with people who owned an Xbox,
we don't see any of them posting about Xbox related things in Playstation forum too.
Or Samsung smart phone, in an Apple forum.
Nor Steam in a GoG forum. Or PC games in a Console forum.
I'm sure you get the idea.

Rex189

So you mean it is okay if i post this journal to chit chat?

iii

I don't see any problem with posting it there, as long as you keep it in one thread.
I've seen few post by others posting games that are not made in Stencyl there before.
But most of them, do not actually mention what engine they use, to avoid making it like an advertisement.
Just a vague "not using Stencyl".

Edit :
As a side note, don't take my word 100%, as I'm not a Moderator.
But that place is the most appropriate place I can think of.
Personally, I won't even think of posting any games that I make using other engine in this forum.
Its just smells of bad advertising spam to me.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:07:29 am by iii »

Rex189

Screenshotsaturday...nope. It's wednesday. Anyway, here's a pic!

Rex189

Great announcement! We managed to get it into widescreen HD.

Rex189

We are working on a...door? Yup, just a door!

Rex189

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 10:23:19 pm by Rex189 »

Hectate

FYI; yes the official moderation policy is that Journals are for Stencyl-made games as a way to share progress that is relevant to Stencyl users. Chit-chat holds everything else because, simply-put, it IS the off-topic area and talk about other games (both playing and developing) is normal there. I'll move the thread for you just to keep it fair to everyone else.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Rex189

FYI; yes the official moderation policy is that Journals are for Stencyl-made games as a way to share progress that is relevant to Stencyl users. Chit-chat holds everything else because, simply-put, it IS the off-topic area and talk about other games (both playing and developing) is normal there. I'll move the thread for you just to keep it fair to everyone else.

Thank you so much Hectate! Sorry for all the trouble. :D

____

Working on a demo. We hope to be able to release this month as a Christmas gift. Stay tuned! :D

ceosol

Yeah, it is developed in Gdevelop. It is used to be developed withStencyl but i soon find out it is lacking of power and capability to do what i want. Besides, there are no rules in the Journal stating it must be a Stencyl game.

Just out of curiosity, what capabilities were lacking in Stencyl?

Personally, I won't even think of posting any games that I make using other engine in this forum.
Its just smells of bad advertising spam to me.

Totally agreed. I would post on indiedb, twitter, and other social media sites. I would not post one of my games on another game engine's forum.

Rex189

Just out of curiosity, what capabilities were lacking in Stencyl?

Well, Stencyl is actually lacking of important features.

Some of them are the lighting system, rotational camera, particle systems which doesn't lag the game performance, 3d manipulation, pathfinding that is simple to use, raycasting and etc.

You can check out my previous versions which i used Stencyl to create. Here---> https://stjiek.itch.io/divergent-conflicts-old-demo/purchase