Things I'd like to see built into Stencyl in 2017

TCOTWMC

GOT AN IDEA!
global behaviors
or a way to add behaviors to every room

Bhoopalan

Code block: engine.setZoom(0.25);

Sorry Ceosol. I don't understand how to use that. I'll research though. Thanks for pointing out. :)

I would love to continue to work on th zoom. But I have a big deadline, and then I'll surely take some holidays. :)
Maybe I'll try after stencyl has updated to the new openfl.

As Liberado pointed out, it would be awesome if you can figure this out. Appreciate your help.
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

Max Finch

I'd just like to remind everyone that there is a pitch control extension that was published a few months back

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,49116.0.html

Majora64

-Better camera control/pinch to zoom
-IOS/Android partner app that works with desktop Stencyl. Maybe you can take partial bits of your work on the go with a tablet or use it to store atlases, behaviors, actors from multiple projects so you can "inject" it into a desktop project for later.
-Be able to have multiple projects open without having 2 Stencyl programs open.
-VR support? lol
-3D/Force Touch...this would take our 2d games to deeper level/more intuitive user experience imo.
-Mobile only license for purchase instead of Studio

Just my 2 cents. Merry Christmas everyone!

Vectrex71

Better price, monthly subscriptions. Get rid of java (eats ressources 90% Ram warning, and performance are so lame and this with 8GB Ram, i7 64Bit.) Remote App to test on mobile without compilling all the stuff again and again and again... better multitouch support and support for touch in Win10 (in example: Win10Tablets), at this moment you have to touch 2x to get recognized as a 1x touch ! Support for 4K Screens. (Have my Screen 20cm before my eyes, otherwise i can't read anything. )

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:54:18 am by Vectrex71 »

ceosol

support for touch in Win10 (in example: Win10Tablets), at this moment you have to touch 2x to get recognized as a 1x touch !

Use "mouse is down". On most touch devices (mobile included), the "mouse is pressed" does not work correctly. Here's what I use for 99% of my games:

If mouse is down and boolean = false
  set boolean to true
  do whatever else
If not mouse is down
  set boolean to false

Hopefully that will fix your touch screen issues.

Vectrex71

Use "mouse is down". On most touch devices (mobile included), the "mouse is pressed" does not work correctly. Here's what I use for 99% of my games:

If mouse is down and boolean = false
  set boolean to true
  do whatever else
If not mouse is down
  set boolean to false

Hopefully that will fix your touch screen issues.

Thank you CEOSOL !! That could be helpful for me !!!

Donni11

Is this the New Stencyl wishlist? We already have something called the issue tracker....
Peace

Justin

If people want to talk about and come up with suggestions on the forum, that's fine, but ultimately, yes, they should go to the issue tracker.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Majora64

Don't know if it's the right place but I'd like to see the site upgraded. I would like to be able to better customize my page. I like gamejolts website in the sense that it showcases peoples games and projects they're working on. Maybe the Stencyl site can adopt better social/inviting features like showcasing popular discussions, hot games, news, welcoming new users, updates, etc.. on the front page (certain features randomly changing/updating upon refresh) . Just a thought!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 12:38:37 am by mmmagicmmmike »

iii

Oh yess, what mmmagicmmmike said.  ^
This would be nice. Our very own game project page to customize, similar to gamejolt.
Its time for some update.

squeeb

For an android tablet? As far as I know, not at this moment. That would be an awesome feature to have though. Maybe an ios/android partner app that works in tune with desktop Stencyl. Would definitely increase productivity.

THIS!! Easier to transfer your game back and forth between builds? better debugging? hmm

Justin

What do you mean by ios/android partner app?

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

squeeb

Like android air.. in the play store.  You can transfer pictures videos apk files between pc and Android device over wifi without cables.

twotimingpete

Camera zoom has been like the holy grail feature for Stencyl for me -- for as long as I can remember