Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Super Donuts - Kickstarter!

nicktendowii

Hi Guys, You might have seen me posting questions for this game, Super Donuts. I've just launched a kickstarter to help get the funding for the full version of stencyl!

Please take a look here!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/letsplayretrogames/super-donuts-a-new-16-bit-style-platformer-game

ceosol

Looks neat. However, I don't know if you will get a lot of people donating for subscriptions. The subscriptions only last for 1 year each and you even said that you might not have a lot of time in your Challenges section.

Might I suggest looking for alternatives?
- Some websites have weekly/monthly challenges where you can win some money.
- You can apply for sponsorships (colburt is the best person to ask about that).
- Many publishers offer up front payments in exchange for a higher revenue split (e.g. instead of getting a 70/30 split, you could ask for 250 pounds up front with 50/50 split). In the case of a publisher, you would even save the 99 pounds for apple since you'd be publishing on their account.

nicktendowii

Looks neat. However, I don't know if you will get a lot of people donating for subscriptions. The subscriptions only last for 1 year each and you even said that you might not have a lot of time in your Challenges section.

Might I suggest looking for alternatives?
- Some websites have weekly/monthly challenges where you can win some money.
- You can apply for sponsorships (colburt is the best person to ask about that).
- Many publishers offer up front payments in exchange for a higher revenue split (e.g. instead of getting a 70/30 split, you could ask for 250 pounds up front with 50/50 split). In the case of a publisher, you would even save the 99 pounds for apple since you'd be publishing on their account.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see how it does, if it doesn't succeed i'll look into the option of getting a publisher on board. If I only get the subscription for a year, and launch my game, does the game get removed from the app store after the subscription or does it just mean I can't upload any new games or updates?

ceosol

It gets removed.... well not really "removed", more like hidden. Linking to a game on an inactive account says that the game does not exist. However, if you renew your subscription at any time down the road, the game will reappear.

I think the game itself looks cool and deserves a kickstart. I was only referring to the objective of the kickstarter to pay for subscription. If you had said that you wanted $500 to pay for sfx/music/art where $100 was going to an apple subscription, in my opinion that would be more enticing than $300 for apple+stencyl subscription and whatever leftover going to sfx/music/art.

nicktendowii

Thanks everyone that's backed my game so far on Kickstarter! I was looking back on my old game dev blog and found these old pics and video from the game in 2015! Enjoy! and don't laugh... much! >.<
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/letsplayretrogames/super-donuts-a-new-16-bit-style-platformer-game/posts/1778317

Also a demo is up on Newgrounds so please check it out if you have time and leave some feedback it's really appreciated :)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/686981
Thanks, Nick.

ohgem

Stumbled upon your youtube channel, its cool watching the game be developed! Looks much fun!
Follow: Twitter | Instagram
My Games: Jump Jump Fruit IOS

nicktendowii

Stumbled upon your youtube channel, its cool watching the game be developed! Looks much fun!

haha great! I'm glad you enjoyed the video! Maybe I should post them here, might give people a good insight into someone using Stencyl. Might do a more code focussed episode next time!