Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

SKULL CHARGER -cool grahpics!

Peter P

Im trying to push graphics, amoung other things, as much as I can with stencyl.  Let me know what you think. 

>>Also, Im looking for coders who would want to work on this with me as a side project; would be nice to get some boss fights happening and get in some character attacks.

youtube gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCSfLuUwLH0

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:29:59 pm by Peter P »

rob1221

Please stop reposting this on different sections of the forum.  Since it's a work in progress it can stay in Journals for now.

Peter P

My apologies Rob, I havnt had my coffee today yet, wasnt exactly sure where to post, thanks.

squeeb

looks pretty sweet.. you make the graphics?

Peter P

yeah,  i made the graphics, same with animations; I do 3D modelling. Im trying to see if ppl are interested in it, to get those kinds of graphics on a cell phone and hopefully get some like minded coders on board ... get some lazer action happening on the cyberdragon, some attacks that the player can do, etc... f$%# cyborg zombies, all that good stuff..

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:34:08 pm by Peter P »

ceosol

What kind of AI and attacks are you thinking about?

iii

Very impressive high poly modeling.
Are you using Zbrush? Mudbox?

It would be even nicer if it has some textures too.
And maybe some pre-post like, Gi/Relections/AO/...etc, to pop the overall visual a bit more.

It kinda reminds me of Contra.

Peter P

iii, it would be nice to get those things that you mention, but im just one guy right now, thats why im trying to pair up with a good coder so that I can focus on the art more (Im using zbrush).  Thanks for the feedback... yeah Contra jumps inspired forsure... Alien Wars (snes) happens to be my fave of all time hehehe....

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:14:04 am by Peter P »

Peter P

What kind of AI and attacks are you thinking about?
Ceosol: The cyberdragon should be able to try to bite and claw at the main player, and it would be super cool if he launched a homing missle when he gets off screen, as the player is doing his high rise platforming jumps; that way, completing the jumps would be time sensitive.  If you dont do them in time then, VAP, you get blown up.

iii

You mentioned cell phone. Are you making a Runner type of game? Or a full Platformer game?
I can see this doing very well on Steam as a "Contra 3" inspired game, with a 2 player option.

Peter P

Id love to see this also as a 2 player contra style game, however, since the coding is very complex for that, im thinking of keeping it simple for now and releasing it as an Android/IOS runner, platformer.   I think that part of the draw of this game would be the level of grahics for a simple platformer, and I have some pretty good ideas to keep the gameplay fresh and not just another runner clone.

ceosol

I really like this art style. I would need some specific mechanics written out if I was going to work on it. Sorry, I don't have the time to play with it until it fits what you are looking for.

ChristianEs

amazing graphics, but the animations should be more fluid imo,It looks as if it has low frame rate.