Pixel Art Thread

Hectate

:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

squirened

I love that game. Personally, I prefer the Genesis one, but it's still pretty good.

Here's some stuff I did today:

One of them is a UI button that contains several icons I made, one is the final-ish version of my game's current protagonist sprite. I'll probably touch it up, as it only contains 4/12 colors (normal+overlay), but right now it's sitting pretty. I included the full-resolution sword, though there's a scaled down version on the shield icon in the UI element.

squirened

Bumping with more. This time it's actually animated.

I finally settled on having a tile-based JRPG style movement between the battles in my upcoming game, which means JRPG-style world/environment sprites.

My intent for it is to put a few of them in as set dress-up pieces. Step on the wrong bush, or just have a certain thing happen, and then boom! Bird!

I'm also including the outline layer I worked from as well as the swatches, in case anyone's curious/wants to bring it into the GIMP again to work on it. I'm not including my outlines, because they exist solely for the first frame and really don't add much.

Stevetheipad

Just started working on pixel art this week. Here's my first draw and it's Halloween themed:
Constructive criticism is encouraged!

BlightXP

abcdefghijklmnoyqrstuv-WXP&Z ;D

letmethink

Steve, pretty quik edit on your pumpkin.
~Letmethink

Stevetheipad

Steve, pretty quik edit on your pumpkin.
Thanks! So I'll work on shading, the stem and outlining shapes with a dark color.

miaubian

my take :)

there are different styles for outlines and so on, there are a lot of tutorials on this

letmethink

Sorry for messing around with your work, but I felt those outline deserved more justice.
~Letmethink

miaubian

that was on purpose :P i tried to stay in the boundaries of the original

letmethink

Ah ok, I was wondering why.
~Letmethink

MyChairHasALooIn

I suck at art, so i wrote a thing (in stencyl) that will make isometric art for me, it does it per pixel, and defining what it puts per pixel is subject to my original code combined with the object map the user creates in edit mode, does it even still count as pixel art?
regardless,
image uploading siteis the result.
From a blank slate to 1 iteration of the above house in my own program took about 15 minutes, and the glass is actually see through but theres nothing in the house to see :)

miaubian

colburt187

Awesome miaubian, we need to talk, I should have some paid work coming up soon.

miaubian

really? nice :) i hope i got enough time

one more: