Pixel Art Thread

colburt187

Ill send you a DM.

miaubian

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:49:34 pm by miaubian »

letmethink

miaubian:

I wouldn't classify most of the stuff you're posting as pixel art as most of it is filtered quite massively and none of it is at 1x resolution.
~Letmethink

miaubian

hm i could upload all images at 1x resolution without filters. But, i think 1x resolution is most of the times way to small for modern displays.
I added some the filters (vignette and stuff) because i like the more retro look, similar to older monitors.

wikipedia says this:

»Pixel art is a form of digital art, created through the use of raster graphics software, where images are edited on the pixel level. (...)
Image filters (such as blurring or alpha-blending) or tools with automatic anti-aliasing are considered[by whom?] not valid tools for pixel art, as such tools calculate new pixel values automatically, contrasting with the precise manual arrangement of pixels associated with pixel art.«

I made all images on the pixel level and without blending or something. The editing is with blending but i would not say its not »pixel art«. but depends on the definition i think.
Maybe we need a hybrid section :P

here is a new one, this time i tried blending with opacity, so no true pixel art :)

edit: added true pixel art :D

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:02:04 pm by miaubian »

irock

GUARDTRON-1

ALL INTRUDERS WILL BE EXTERMINATED

Stevetheipad

GUARDTRON-1

ALL INTRUDERS WILL BE EXTERMINATED
Nice! I particularly like the wheel animation.

irock

Thanks.

I've never really publicly solicited feedback on my pixel art, so I'm giving it a spin this time around and improving it based on the advice I get.

GUARDTRON-1.0.4

GUARDTRON-1.0.3

GUARDTRON-1.0.2

GUARDTRON-1.0.1

GUARDTRON-1

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:05:11 am by Irock »

Unept

I like 1.0.2 or 1.0.4, they both look great. I think 1.0.3 looks a bit washed out.

Cool stuff.
Unicycle Hero: iOS  |  Level With Me: iOS/Android  |  Hue Ball: iOS/Android  |  Lava Bird: iOS/Android   |   Disposabot   |   Twitter

Photon

@miaubian: Cool. Not sure about those specks on the bottom though.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

miaubian

thanks, i am still working on my shading and dithering

more:

TDonnally

Miaubian, what is your process for animating pixel art?

miaubian

i draw a single frame first and add more frames by copying and changing. i use the photoshop timeline feature to preview an put it together ( save for web as gif )