Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Stencyl Mobile Game Kit v1.4.0

Baylissimo

Stefan. That is a wonderful update. I almost missed it because you only added a .1 at the end :)
I'm going to tell everyone about it. I think you could charge more for it. $5 is so cheap.

TheIndieStation

I was already thinking of pushing the price up to $10 when I added the next couple of frameworks (for IAP and ads), but I will take that as a compliment =)

Just keep spreading the word around!

Baylissimo

I will keep telling people. Especially cause you have been so helpful. Now, my next silly question. I'm using the latest kit and it works perfectly. But I can't understand why. Where are the player behaviours linked to the player? It says the player doesn't have any behaviours.

And why does the camera work now? :)

Baylissimo

Actually, I see what you did to make the camera work. Good stuff!

Baylissimo

Just can't work out how the behaviours are linked.

TheIndieStation

I have added the behaviors in the scene editors instead of directly on the actors since I was planning on doing more exampkes but later decided not to. Just open one of the two test scenes, and select the player actor. You will see the behaviors under the customize tab.

The reason it works now is that in the previous versions, i didnt take camera movement into account. This can cause issues since touch positions are all relative to the screen, instead of the game world so to speak.

Thanks for sharing! I really appreaciate it =)

TheIndieStation

Version 1.3 is uploaded
Added: "when button was pressed / is down / was released" statements

Check the original post for a summary!

TheIndieStation

Version 1.4.0 is uploaded
Added:
- Centered thumbstick layout
- Thumbstick direction lock

riki82

Hello, I bought your kit.
Should I use it in a game I already created, which already contains the right and left buttons, a and b.
it's possible to do it?

Thanks

TheIndieStation

Hi Ril and thanks for the purchase! Yes it is possible, but you have to make sure the sprites are the same size as the ones from the kit. Also keel in mind that the kit works with a touch radius, so if you are using square sprites,  the corners will nkt react to a touch. I will fix this in the next mayor update.