How to make it jump

13islucky

Hello Stencylfolks,
In my creation of my new, true blue game, I have encountered a problem. I have yet to learn how to make my charcters jump. I need to do that so help would be awesome.
Keep it Stencyl,
Thunderbird Games
Keep it Stencyl,
Thunderbird Games.

rob1221

Check out the "jump and run" kit on Stencylforge.

13islucky

I did but it has elements that I found unneeded, so I wanted to make my own in Design Mode.
Keep it Stencyl,
Thunderbird Games
Keep it Stencyl,
Thunderbird Games.

13islucky

Please, I really need help
I just want to know how to make him jump, like which movement block will do this.
Keep it stencyl,
Thunderbird Games
Keep it Stencyl,
Thunderbird Games.

Ceric

Well the block you would want to use would be under Actor -> Motion. It's the "set [x-speed] for [self]" block. You can change the dropdown for x-speed to y-speed, which is the vertical direction for your actor. By changing that value (use an attribute), you can adjust the distance the player's character can travel in the Y direction.

Beyond that, you want to check when the actor is colliding with the ground, so use a boolean attribute that is true when the actor is touching the ground and false when the actor is in the air.

Have you gone through the Design Mode tutorial yet, by chance?

Hectate

And generally, you'll want to do the "set Y speed to (negative value)" only when a button has been/is being pressed.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

13islucky

Thanks to you all. I have gone through the tutorial and I will use your ideas. Thanks for the help. The main reason I wanted to make my own is to make it so I may soon be independent to StencylForge and be able to make my own code.
Keep it Stencyl,
Thunderbird Games
Keep it Stencyl,
Thunderbird Games.