Testing on iOS device failed (even new games)

candycornown

Hello,

After testing my game on Android which worked without any problems, I decide to try it on iOS device. I installed Mac OS X on VMware and bought used iPhone 4 to test it on.

While the game works on iOS Simulator, I can't get it to work on actual device.

I get build failed error with something like this:

-Check dependencies
-Game requires a provisioning profile
-Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK iOS 10.2

Complete log is attached below.

in Xcode under Xcode/Preferences/Accounts I already added Apple ID account as it should be.

Currently installed:
OS X El Capitan (Version 10.11.6)
Stencyl (Build 9300)
Xcode (Version 8.2.1)
Java 8 (Update 121)

Any idea what to do? I read that it is now possible to test on iOS device with Xcode 7+ with just Apple ID.

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 07:05:09 am by candycornown »

candycornown

After searching for similar threads I found that most of people had Apple Developer Program for $99.

Does this mean I need Apple Developer Program just to test my games on actual iOS device or is there any workaround as I thought this should be free with the newest Xcode?

Thanks

mdotedot

Maybe you can try this (it was working with a previous version of Stencyl and XCode) : http://mazeland.net/BLOG/wiki_27.html
Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

candycornown

Maybe you can try this (it was working with a previous version of Stencyl and XCode) : http://mazeland.net/BLOG/wiki_27.html

Thanks for that. I followed these steps and after pressing the "run / build" button, I receive 1 error.

ld: library not found for -lApplicationMain
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Full event:

Ld /Users/User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-dtolnxdioqsjqzawxnokirgpoosm/Build/Intermediates/Test.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Test.build/Objects-normal/i386/Test normal i386
    cd /Users/User/stencylworks/games-generated/Test/Export/ios
    export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.2
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator10.2.sdk -L/Users/User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-dtolnxdioqsjqzawxnokirgpoosm/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -L/Users/User/stencylworks/games-generated/Test/Export/ios/Test/lib/i386-debug -L/Users/User/stencylworks/games-generated/Test/Export/ios/Test/lib/i386 -F/Users/User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-dtolnxdioqsjqzawxnokirgpoosm/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -F/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator10.2.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -filelist /Users/User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-dtolnxdioqsjqzawxnokirgpoosm/Build/Intermediates/Test.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Test.build/Objects-normal/i386/Test.LinkFileList -mios-simulator-version-min=10.2 -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-dtolnxdioqsjqzawxnokirgpoosm/Build/Intermediates/Test.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Test.build/Objects-normal/i386/Test_lto.o -Xlinker -no_deduplicate -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -lstd -lregexp -llime-legacy -lgamecenter -lnative -lpurchases -lApplicationMain -stdlib=libc++ -Xlinker -sectcreate -Xlinker __TEXT -Xlinker __entitlements -Xlinker /Users/User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-dtolnxdioqsjqzawxnokirgpoosm/Build/Intermediates/Test.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Test.build/Test.app.xcent -framework UIKit -framework OpenAL -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreGraphics -framework AudioToolbox -framework AVFoundation -framework Foundation -framework CoreMotion -framework MediaPlayer -framework GameKit -framework SystemConfiguration -framework StoreKit -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/User/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-dtolnxdioqsjqzawxnokirgpoosm/Build/Intermediates/Test.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Test.build/Objects-normal/i386/Test_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/Asuveroz/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Test-dtolnxdioqsjqzawxnokirgpoosm/Build/Intermediates/Test.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Test.build/Objects-normal/i386/Test

ld: library not found for -lApplicationMain
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The same error happen in any game. Any clue what's causing that?

Thanks

TheIndieStation

as far as I know, you always need a iOS license to test your games.

candycornown

as far as I know, you always need a iOS license to test your games.

Thank you for reply! Currently I wont purchase it as it's too expensive just for testing.