Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Looking For Beta Testers - Lost Frequency

brvids

Hey all not sure where to post this, but I finished my game and was wondering if anybody would like to beta test it via testflight? Just looking for some feedback and if you find any bugs. Thanks!

http://artistadigi.com/2016/10/24/coming-soon-lost-frequency/

brvids

Added. You can turn text on and off if you like but by default it is off. Please let me know of any obvious bugs. Thanks!

brvids

Okay thanks I added you all as well. Let me know if you have any trouble installing. I've never used TestFlight.

ceosol

Hahahahaha

"That water is orange, what should I do?"

"Jump in"

"Ugh the water is toxic.... RIP"

hahahahahaha

So this is a Lifeline style game, but using voice instead of text. That's cool. The only issue I see is that you have to be able to hear. That means a deaf person would not be able to play it and anybody in a public place without earbuds would not be able to play it (unless they want to annoy everybody around them).

For me, the game crashes 4/5 of the time at the splash screen.

ceosol

I keep having a random occurrence where the screen goes black.

- The first time it happened, he was getting ready to leave the ship. I was able to get back in but the story skipped ahead three or four options. I later found out that he exited, went right and pushed on. The story started overlapping with two sounds going at the same time. I was able to save him from dying since there was overlapping stories and new options appeared before he was dead.

- The second time he was also about to leave the ship. I was paying more attention the second time and heard a static noise right before it went black. When I got back in, it had not skipped ahead.

- The third time was after the river, something was chasing him and he tossed what sounded like a slow bomb (it was indistinct with all of the bg noise). I heard the static noise again and it went black. That time I could not get back in because the game was frozen.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:12:56 pm by ceosol »

brvids

Hey Ceosol, excellent feedback! Actually there is text! You can turn it on in the lower right hand corner of the main screen, it's off by default. Interesting for the splash screen crash though and TestFlight isn't showing any crashes. Can I ask what device you're using and iOS version?

Also I think I know what's going on with the static. I had to do that in order to load and unload atlases. All the sound files take up tons of memory. You should see it say "transmission lost" temporarily and then come back. It's supposed to look like you lost communication with him momentarily. Probably need to make it more obvious.

brvids

Hahahahaha

"That water is orange, what should I do?"

"Jump in"

"Ugh the water is toxic.... RIP"

hahahahahaha

So this is a Lifeline style game, but using voice instead of text. That's cool. The only issue I see is that you have to be able to hear. That means a deaf person would not be able to play it and anybody in a public place without earbuds would not be able to play it (unless they want to annoy everybody around them).

For me, the game crashes 4/5 of the time at the splash screen.
Yes careful or you'll kill him! hahaha

ceosol

ipad 4, whatever the newest ios version is.

I wasn't actually watching the screen when any of the static things happened. There isn't much to look at so I was doing work and just listening. When I said the screen goes black, I mean literally black, nothing at all on there and no sounds. It comes back about 30-60 seconds later.

brvids

Okay thanks I'll have to see if I can figure that one out.