Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Is there a way to not refresh the main scene after entering a shop style scene?

JefeOso88

Howdy! I'm pretty new the Stencyl and stumbling my way through my first game.  I need help with scene changing.

Right now I basically have a shop set up in a scene. It switches when I click on an actor. That works fine and I can exit the shop  and such. My issue is when I return back to the main scene everything goes back to original setting.

i.e. I have a couple actors placed and one gets killed and the other changes animation upon user activation. When I go into the shop and come back the actor that was killed is back and the other is back to its original animation.

Does anyone know how to keep the main scene always running or active just so it doesn't refresh every time I change back?

All the help is appreciated!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:48:24 am by JefeOso88 »

JeffreyDriver

There's two main ways to approach this:

A) you record all the values of the current actors on scene. E.g. are they alive? X value? Y value? etc.

B) Pause the game, but have the shop appear on top of the current scene

JefeOso88

Ok how would you record values on the scene?

Sorry just new at this....

JeffreyDriver

You need to use global attributes. A map would probably be best where you list the values that you want to record.

JefeOso88

ok great! that was helpful!

JefeOso88

Oh one last question to it. I changed out a couple of the booleans in the event from attributes to game attributes which saved the values from one scene to the next. The issue I am having now is that all of the actors, of one actor type,  at once are activated instead of just the specific one I click.  It did not do this when the boolean was just an attribue and not a game attribte. I am messing around with different booleans and game attributes to solve this. Just curious if there is an easy way to select a specific actor in the same group of actors? And have their values saved and not all the actors of the same type at once.

The other way I was going to solve this is just create more actor types which I'd rather not have to do.