Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Upon testing a game on Windows, I get "[haxelib.exe] Access is denied."

fillergames

It then refuses to run and save and run the Windows executable, Flash and Flash Browser works fine, though.

What would be the reason for this? Should I delete, and recompile the Windows game folder?

EDIT: Other games work, but only one doesn't. So I assume a clean recompile would fix it?

EDIT 2: Running the app in debug mode makes it work fine, but I doubt anyone cares, seeing my last questions never getting answered.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:55:31 am by fillergames »

fillergames

Looking deeper into it.

-It happened randomly, dunno what caused it, but whatever.

-It seems that everything but the exe is compiled, as it's no longer present. I assume something is causing the "Access denied" error?

-Doing a clean compiled proved useless.

Logs have been provided as an attachment. I need help fixing this, as It'll slow down game development for me quite a bit. Since I feel like Flash isn't as good for testing as it was in earlier builds of Stencyl.

fillergames

Running it as admin did nothing at all. Wouldn't make sense to me as a fix at all, either. As any other game works fine for Windows testing, except the one I've been working on for a bit.

fillergames

Looking back and forth at issues, I decided it'd be better to just restored a (happily recent and compiling right) backup of the game, and copy and paste/recreate the changes, as it won't take as long, nor will it be as infuriating as to why this declined access happens.

fillergames

Alright, so I found the issue:

My anti-virus was acting a bit too stern that a program was making constant similar exe files for some reason.