Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Any estimate on HTML5?

KramerGames

Sorry to be the annoying kid in the backseat, but....:

When will HTML5 exports be available? Uploading games as swf means less and less potential players. Just asking because if it might be soon I would wait before publishing my next games.
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

airman4

Can't tell what they are working on right now but i hope it will soon
True that the current export is kind of janky
I have bad results with it

1MrPaul1

we have 2 main problem in html5
-issues with preloader that not opening game after game was downloaded as long as html5 consists from many files in if some file didn't downloaded the game will not start. very big issue in fact. sites rate game by play time, if people will fail to download the game it can spoil rating a lot.
- no orientation lock on mobile. stencyl games will perform bad when user disable autorotation and hold his device on the different orientation than your game.

additional problem, stencyl games are very heavy for mobile. only very light games only in chrome and only modern powerfull devices can play stencyl games now.

but, stencyl html5 is ok overal for now
here is as example http://ru.y8.com/games/famous_fashion_designer
it is showing good results and was on top of y8

squeeb

- no orientation lock on mobile. stencyl games will perform bad when user disable autorotation and hold his device on the different orientation than your game.

i am working on the orientation extension atm, im setting the scales now... are you talking about locking the auto rotation down portrait or landscape and not having it flip around at all when the user moves the device?

1MrPaul1

i am working on the orientation extension atm, im setting the scales now... are you talking about locking the auto rotation down portrait or landscape and not having it flip around at all when the user moves the device?

yes, it is  big issue. will be great if you will make this extention