Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Castle Woodwarf

KramerGames

I too remember you're rough landing with your previous game and it's just great to see you having this success. I just finished the time challenge and really enjoyed the game! I immediately felt the love for detail that was put into it, it's fun to play and even a bit unique. Enjoyed it very much, I totally thrive on strategy games that you have to start over and over while adjusting your strategy - so much better than this idle crap that I'm making :-(. While I wouldn't mind the challenge modes to be harder, I think it turned out good that the first one was rather easy, I too would have been frustrated had I begun with the time challenge (I would have just died over and over at the first wave). There is a pretty good interview about fun in video games at this podcast: http://thedebuglog.com/2015/11/13/episode-16-the-4-keys-2-fun-with-nicole-lazzaro-part-1/ (It is a unity podcast but they rarely talk about things specific to unity, unfortunately in this one they talk quite a bit about how all this relates to VR).

I'm looking forward to see where your journey goes, are you planning on staying in this kind of genre? Would be awesome because that's where I'm heading too :-).
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

squeeb

Thanks! Oh, yes, did you check out the credits? You are there in "special thanks to" section with a few other Stencylers. I am grateful to you guys because you encouraged me to go trough this game in the very beginning with kind comments and suggestions. It is sometimes hard to endure trough all stages of creating game. It was your comments that kept the faith in pushing till the finish.

That's awesome! Thank you.   I really love the game.  Best part is the changing environment.  I no joke was waiting to upgrade it each time anticipating the next change!  Really fun..
Mobile version?  ;)

domagojbulat

Thanks, guys! On Armor, the game has more than 116k views with 88/100 rating and the comments are extremely positive. It looks like the game got a small audience that asks for a sequel. It was not my intent to further study this mechanics, but it looks like it is what I am going to be doing now. I love strategy games and I am excited about thinking how to make much better sequel of this game. It will be a bigger project than this one and I expect it will take me a lot of time. I might work on a few more projects simultaneously, so it could easily pass a year or more before sequel sees the light of the day.

Currently I am preparing some small additional content that will be included in mobile version. There will be possibility to collect gems that rarely appear and fall from the trees. These gems will be used to unlock and select different characters instead of the dwarves. Also it will be possible to buy extra gold and fish to make game easier for inexperienced players. Buying resources will have a score penalty so it will be fair to the leaderboard. I will create a ranking list as well, so depending on how quickly you finish the game you will become duke of Woodwarf, lord, knight, blacksmith etc.
Hopefully mobile will be published around 25th Aug. The Flash version I plan to release at Kong should have a link leading to download mobile apps in exchange for more gems.
Here is a GIF with the unlockable girls characters which will get their own voice acting too. I hope I will find time to create some more characters like these, maybe wizards, aliens, animals etc.

squeeb

Nice! I'll play the mobile version for sure  :)

domagojbulat

Thanks! I just realized there are quite a few youtube videos already made about the game, many discussions and blogs as well.
Unfortunately, even with the Armor sitelock, the game got stolen so it is all over the internet. I already had this before with a small game Quarrel Hill, but that one wasn't site locked. Can anybody advice me how to avoid this in the future? What could I do to protect my games better?

merrak

I'd be interested in a mobile version :)

I don't know if there's a foolproof way to sitelock anything. My last game got stolen, too (admittedly, I didn't even both sitelocking it, though). If you're planning a mobile game, maybe embed an advertisement for it in the Flash game?

domagojbulat

Yes, the plan is to put  a link leading to mobile game that gives you extra gems when pressed.
Gems you use to unlock extra characters or resources. I don't like pay to win so it will serve like easy mode that doesn't allow you achieving a very high score.

domagojbulat

Added some more unlockable characters. Those guys fishing with grenades might need some splashing though...
I like how the colorful characters breathe a fresh view to the scene and I feel like I should use similar style for various soldiers classes in the sequel.

KramerGames

Looking at that GIF I thought it's kinda strange that you see fish swimming and other fish coming out of the water, but even though I have played your game several times, I hadn't it noticed there, haha. I'm looking forward to the mobile version, would be cool if the female characters had different stats, like less energy but faster regeneration etc.

By the way I was just playing it (to confirm the fish thing) while listening to music for my next game, and this one came up and fit yours nicely: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1100720

Greetings and keep up your amazing work!
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

domagojbulat

Haha, actually that exact music piece was my choice number 2. If I didn't use the one I did, I would have go with it! We think alike.
Might use it for the sequel, but perhaps our musician will create something.
You are right about fishes, it is a bit off, but not that much that would hurt the overall image. I simply used the create new fish at some time point.  Didn't invest time in real fishing behavior. The fishes in lake going left and right are purely decorative.

Great idea on different stats for different characters. I was tempted to do it two weeks ago, but decided it is time to wrap the game. I have imagined to work on it to learn pixel art and animation in the first place. I have to admit, I didn't invest much time thinking about gameplay. Mainly I wanted to create a beautiful sandbox experience. My goal for the next game is to make it really fun for playing, while improving the art quality level.

Here are the last of extra characters - 80s guys!

domagojbulat

Finally, both mobile versions of Woodwarf are here. It took a lot of sweat and tears but we did it. Ceosol did practically all the work on mobile plus he taught me along the way. If it is not too big of a hassle, would you please download the game to your device and try it out! It will help a lot to our small startup indie studio. Ratings greatly appreciated as well - THANKS!!
The game is also just published on Kongregate, currently under judgement. If you want to help us further, give nice ratings so it comes out of judgement sooner.

Google Play

App Store

Kongregate

squeeb

Just rated it on android . Are you adding more than the one screenshot in play store?

domagojbulat

Not for now. I guess most players will come trough Flash portals by clicking get more gems buttons. But I will add a few more later on!
EDIT: thanks for rating!!!

domagojbulat

Looks like we are not doing so well on Kongregate after all - Current rating is a nice 3.0. I guess it is just not their cup of tea.
Hopefully game gets more audience on Newgrounds when I publish there these days...

merrak

Cool! I just downloaded it (Android version)--will check it out soon :)