Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Castle Woodwarf

ceosol

Looks like we are not doing so well on Kongregate after all - Current rating is a nice 3.0. I guess it is just not their cup of tea.
Hopefully game gets more audience on Newgrounds when I publish there these days...

Actually, Newgrounds and Kong start at a 2.5 rating if I am not mistaken. Scores go up or down based on the "weight" of the reviewer and their review - meaning people who have reviewed more games have their reviews weighted more in your overall score.

decafpanda

Looks like we are not doing so well on Kongregate after all - Current rating is a nice 3.0. I guess it is just not their cup of tea.
Hopefully game gets more audience on Newgrounds when I publish there these days...

Well it's still early, and it's actually about to bump to a 3.1 (all you need is a 3.05).  So hopefully the rating picks up.  I can get you a few today and don't forget about that Facebook trick!! ;)

domagojbulat

Good advices, thanks guys! And thanks Merrak for downloading!
It bumped now a bit to 3.2. I hope I could get some voices trough a simple Fb login and raise it further.

domagojbulat

Thanks everybody! We got it up to 3.6 rating on Kong which very very nice! Number of plays also started to rise steadily and it is over 500 at this moment. I was maybe to quick to judge that early... we will see.

Anyways, this is a lesson to me to pay much more attention to players that aren't experienced with strategy games. They tend to give bad ratings just because they found the game too hard to play. Plus, this game has a rather slow start. Next time I will make sure everyone has fun from the very beginning no matter the playing skills. The skills will just determine how long will it take a player to reach the end of the game.

KramerGames

My guess is this game will end up with a rating above 4 and will win a monthly prize. Some idiots will give you a bad rating because it's too hard and/or they don't take the time to read the tutorial, but every game has tp deal with those idiots, so it evens out. Your game is very interesting and fun to play, and people will see and reward the love you put into it. Good luck for the contest!
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

domagojbulat

Thanks! I think you are right except I don't think I m getting over 4.0
Either way, this game I consider a success and I am grateful for all your support you gave during all this time!

decafpanda

Calling now.  You WILL be over 4 and win top 3 in the monthly.   Thumbs up.  I Got you some more votes too.

JeffreyDriver

3.82 and climbing! You've made the Top Monthly Games. Congrats.

domagojbulat

Thanks!! Yes, looks like we'll win some nice prize! I can't believe this... I am so happy people enjoy playing it!

ceosol

I was just playing it this morning on mobile. I had all cat people (???). :)

merrak

First impressions--this was a fun little game :) I didn't get very far (kept running out of fish), but for a mobile game I like the challenge. I'll have to experiment with different strategies to find a successful combination of workers.

My only complaint is that I sometimes get multiple ads in a row.

domagojbulat

Alright! Tanks for the feedback! My mistake  about the ads, I have no clue why'd they appear a few times in a row. It is not intended to work that way for sure. Currently mobile game didn't pick up on the downloads... I hoped for some more audience but currently it is only like 30 on GooglePlay and 700 on AppStore. This doesn't generate any revenue. Ceosol told me a long time ago I need hundreds of thousands downloads to get a  proper ads revenue and I think  he has got a point.

KramerGames

I've tried it a few times but the version on Kongregate is lagging really badly for me. Clicking a tree or a dwarf takes about 5 seconds until it actually happens. I assume that is the reason why this game is not above 4 stars yet.
Parasites United  (Idle Parasite Game)

domagojbulat

I believe you are right! I did a few things to reduce lag but didn't succeed completely. I didn't use images API or Atlases at all so that might be the main cause. Kong has many active ads on screen and that eats the little memory Woodwarf didn't take already. AG and NG don't have these issues. I think it's too late for correcting. I should better focus on planning the sequel. But this lag did really cost us a few points and getting a better prize. Lesson learned... In the meantime mobile versions get around 100 or more downloads per day counting both platforms. It is too low number and looks like we might end up with an audience of only 2-3k mobile players. That is too low for ads revenue. So it seems investing time and $300 won't pay off at all. The reward is the experience I guess.
EDIT: More powerful computers don't have lag on Kong. Also, zooming out browser window helps a bit. CTRL -

squeeb

Give it some time my friend.  I had a live wallpaper nobody bought ($0.99)  for like 6 months... then it made me 1500 bucks in 2 months.. then nothing again haha.  So there's hope your players will still grow! . I wish there was a speed up button.  I played almost 25 mins.. I was about to win, and sent in the enemies too early.. I didn't realize the dragons health wasn t full yet. :p