Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Jump, Jump, Fruit!

ohgem

So i've been working on a new game, Jump Jump Fruit.

It's out now for IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1225829508&mt=8

It's free to play, with ads. I'd love ANY feedback. As a new developer any feedback is nice and I would love to hear what I can improve on. I've attached some screens below, and here's a short trailer: https://youtu.be/YSdpi6kaBfc

Check it out!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:39:43 pm by ohgem »
Follow: Twitter | Instagram
My Games: Jump Jump Fruit IOS

I'm a new developer too, but I'm not a new gamer :)

Unfortunately, I'm of the android clan, so I can't play your game. However, I really think that the style you've created for the game is cutesy and fun. It works well with your fruit theme. From what I can see, there are a couple different play styles in the game; jump rope and a kind of hop-scotch.

Since I can't play I can't comment on controls, but do you have plans to add more play styles to them game? More jump related games? Are there any sort of power ups that grant abilities during the gameplay? Extra lives? If not I think there are a lot of creative ways you could incorporate it.

Overall it's simple and clean, the graphic style is nice and it looks like a great time waster.  I have an iPhone on the way, so once I play it I'll comment a little more. I think you've made a huge achievement and made something special. Great job so far.

colburt187

This game is amazing well done! love the personality in it, so many little touches that make it feel alive. going to play a bit more then give you some feedback.

ohgem

I'm a new developer too, but I'm not a new gamer :)

Unfortunately, I'm of the android clan, so I can't play your game. However, I really think that the style you've created for the game is cutesy and fun. It works well with your fruit theme. From what I can see, there are a couple different play styles in the game; jump rope and a kind of hop-scotch.

Since I can't play I can't comment on controls, but do you have plans to add more play styles to them game? More jump related games? Are there any sort of power ups that grant abilities during the gameplay? Extra lives? If not I think there are a lot of creative ways you could incorporate it.

Overall it's simple and clean, the graphic style is nice and it looks like a great time waster.  I have an iPhone on the way, so once I play it I'll comment a little more. I think you've made a huge achievement and made something special. Great job so far.

Thankyou so much! The android version will be released soon, its ready now, but I want to fix a few bugs. And the original idea was to make a game for each fruit. I was going to get really in depth with the controls and such, but I have so many more game ideas, I figured i'd just save them for my other projects. I'm still exploring Stencyl's features, each new game will get better and better.

ohgem

This game is amazing well done! love the personality in it, so many little touches that make it feel alive. going to play a bit more then give you some feedback.

Thankyou, colburt187! Means a lot coming from a Dev like you! I had a ton of fun making this little game i'm glad you enjoy it.

domagojbulat

I tried it and think it is awesome! Congrats!
Everything is nicely put together and looks great - all 5 stars from me.

colburt187

Ok couple of things, the polish is amazing, bursting with personality, I love the faces you can choose and the little crowd that turns up is such a nice touch.

The tweet link is 6 characters longer than you are allowed so I had to edit it before I could share.
The count down text seems to have a rounding issue, try rounding the x and y of where you are drawing it, or use a different font.

I think the difficulty ramps up too slowly on all the games accept the Short hop. The fruit squash was really slow, I scored 52 on my first attempt.

Overall is a really nice game, I think the banner adverts on game over are going to struggle to make you anything, I would have went with a full screen interstitial.

Looking forward to what you do next!

ohgem

@domagojbulat Thankyou! As long as you all like the games ill keep making more!
@colburt187, thanks for the thorough review. Gonna work on it right now. And banner ad's cut down revenue? How exactly does that work? Maybe I need to read up on that.  I guess it makes sense, I have a lot of impressions but the revenue is eh, not so great... :-\

colburt187

Banner ads are best used on games where they will be in the screen for a long time, like a card game where a play session lasts for like 10mins plus. Interstitial pay more since they are bigger and the player can't ignore it, they literally have to close it to get past it.

squeeb

Ill test it out when its on android!

ohgem

@colburt Alright thanks, ill keep that in mind for future projects.
@squeeb Coming very soon!

sysads

Wow loving this game. Its cool and feels like you are in for an adverture which makes it the more attractive.
If I may ask, how do guys make the character graphics?
I am looking for simple 2d graphics for my game as well.

ohgem

@sysads Thankyou! I'm glad you like the game. I used Affinity designer to create the artwork for this game. I was using Inkscape at first, but I felt really limited on what  I could do, so I switched to Affinity.