Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Just thought I might share a game idea I was playing with...

NOTA

<a href="http://tapdroid.com/facedoritos.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://tapdroid.com/facedoritos.swf</a>

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:46:11 am by NOTA »

NOTA

okay....
52 views, no comments.
I'm guessing no one stayed around long enough to make it to level two........

adytt

Well it looks interesting to me, but level 2 it looks like it's endless. What;s your plan with this game?

NOTA

Level 2 is not endless. there are multiple levels.
I have no plans for the game. It's like everything else I do. I start a project, figure no one is going to dig it, and start an other project that I will most likely never finish.

JeffreyDriver

It looks like that you're approaching it from the wrong direction. This seems like you're trying to create a  cookie-cutter game that you can just re-skin, rather, you need to focus on creating something that's fun to play, then look at how to monitize it later.

There's nothing really wrong  with this game, but it's just not that fun.

I start a project, figure no one is going to dig it, and start an other project that I will most likely never finish.
I kinda suffer from this by flitting from from project to another, but I'm close to producing a couple of apps soon.

The basics are there, but how can you subvert it and create things that are unexpected?

NOTA

If it's a cookie cut, I guess I need to d some research. Have not seen this before.
Updated the game to the Original that I presented to Fritolay........

JeffreyDriver

I played it again, and one thing to note is that I found it's too slow/levels too long which is a shame because it does start to become more interesting on the level where you're forced to use the screen-wrap. Look at introducing a new mechanic on each level.

NOTA

I have absolutely no idea what it is the public wants.
I try to have all the  games start out slow so as to not discourage the player.

( throwing my hands in the air ) .  ???

squeeb

make a game youd love to play... i think thats how borderlands can to be

colburt187

I have absolutely no idea what it is the public wants.
I try to have all the  games start out slow so as to not discourage the player.

( throwing my hands in the air ) .  ???

what sort of games do you play? this is a playable dorito advert, you didnt make this for the public, you made this for a potential advertiser.

JeffreyDriver

I wouldn't worry about trying to make a money-making project straight away. Focus on creating some simple and fun games.

As colburt says, you need to look at the sort of games that you enjoy playing, and you need to think about the people who will be playing your game (not the advertisers). Once you've got something that works well, and proves to be popular, then you can approach a potential advertiser with your idea.