Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Paper Pirates vs Vikings

merrak

An easy start would be just making the balls you have the same shade of gray as the milk (or vice-versa), but metaballs seem like they'd give the right effect. My first thought was some kind of shader, but is that even an option on mobile?

squeeb

An easy start would be just making the balls you have the same shade of gray as the milk (or vice-versa), but metaballs seem like they'd give the right effect. My first thought was some kind of shader, but is that even an option on mobile?
i had the water particles white so i could tint them or use the shader.. on flash when i was making water before, i used them, but i didnt try it on mobile... it helps a little if they are the same color as the water... i was told maybe a filter would work.. not sure how to do that.. next release they said there may be shaders for actors. 
i could somehow do a ring of a darker color around the water particles to show depth, but they would overlap. how could i make the second color disappear only when and where the water actors overlap. does that make sense?

squeeb

Early gameplay footage
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8AWxbFkR07E" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8AWxbFkR07E</a>

I added the 3 characters, they will be made of cereal.  You swipe right side of screen to change character.. tap top right for special for the character... gun for red guy.. other 2 (pink and blue) have swords for now.  Tap bottom right to pick up and punch.  I need to fix animation control again.. I see a bug... don't mind the red coming through for punches and pickup... I didn't replace those graphics.. no point until we put in actual graphics.   toothpick sword attack.. musket  gun that shoots cocoa pebbles attack and a spoon\club attack . unless better weapons i can think of..
gun pick up will be ammo for the gun guy.. i got rid of sword pickup

squeeb

I think I'm going to stay with the paper pirates idea.
Level 2 coming along.  I need to make the krakens head rotate in place whem the player moves..the arms graphics need to be done and animate the head as well..i also need to get the things to move to the correct places a little better and figure out what to do when the player gets to the end of the scene or the beginning going left as well. 

squeeb

Added pirate captain and animations.  Need to make the punch animation better and slow down  empty bag animation