why is stencylpedia confusing us with their IOS publishing ?

manaskk

When creating the certificate in "step 3" it says that "make sure it is the distribution certificate" but in the screenshot they already have a "developer certificate!' . this is leaving me in frustration so how many certificate am i supposed to create??

Hectate

I've never done anything on a Mac in my life, but it looks like you didn't follow all the instructions to produce your own certificate. The certificate you circled is the one from Stencyl LLC for the Stencyl software itself installed on your Mac.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

manaskk

Thx Hectate for your reply ..yes that screenshot is actually from the stencylpedia instructions...i read on another post saying that the instructions provided were in stencylpedia...i actually just got everything fixed. I deleted all the existing certs and started everything fresh which i did more than 10 times lol. The thing was i was so confused about the certificates. After actually learning what the distribution and development certs are for then everything made sense. What i was doing is that i tried to create new dev cert and distribution cert for every new app. So xcode kept pointing to the first created certs.. Yes it is complicated but i guess once we learm what they r doing may be that will help for troubleshooting