Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Hoppy Pals

merrak

I like your title animation :)

Are you going to be able to keep the water effect with the outlined water? The new water looks more consistent with the rest of the artwork, but I'd miss the neat splash effect if it were omitted.

squeeb

I like your title animation :)

Are you going to be able to keep the water effect with the outlined water? The new water looks more consistent with the rest of the artwork, but I'd miss the neat splash effect if it were omitted.
I was thinking the same thing

Majora64

Haven't posted here in awhile. Been working on the game, haven't had as much time as I would have liked to spend on it, but I'm determined to finish it. Just renewed my apple license  "so you could say it's getting pretty serious". Focusing on difficulty curve and obstacle variety but I've also started on some Ui, sound and AD stuff cause I'd like this game to earn me a meal :P

Quick question... Admob for banner ads and Chartboost for video rewards right?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 04:27:05 pm by Majora64 »

squeeb

I love the way the character smashes down and springs up!  nice effect!

Majora64

I like the art style. Did you do this?
Thank you! Yes I did. I am trying to learn illustrator.
I love the way the character smashes down and springs up!  nice effect!

Thanks! I'm trying to make an emphasis that the players jump power correlates with how long you hold the touch screen.

merrak

Thanks! I'm trying to make an emphasis that the players jump power correlates with how long you hold the touch screen.

I think that makes the game much more approachable. That's a really cute way to communicate that, too.

fillergames

Personally, I'd add some minor stretch to when the bunny(?) is falling. As you already have the squash effect, anyways.

squeeb

I definitely got that impression with the graphics!
Is that an animation? Or a tween of sorts?

Majora64

I think that makes the game much more approachable. That's a really cute way to communicate that, too.

Thank's Merrak!

Personally, I'd add some minor stretch to when the bunny(?) is falling. As you already have the squash effect, anyways.

Stretch? Like tween the bunny/make it thin as it's falling? What exactly do you mean? Was a little confused by this.

I definitely got that impression with the graphics!
Is that an animation? Or a tween of sorts?

No animation, just a tween (grow block)

Do you know when you'll release this game?

Optimistically I'm looking at an end of November release. I want to release now but it's just not there yet.

Majora64

Running through the Ui today, re did the title and slightly tweaked the jump controls. Gonna go through the character design and try and update that this week, fix the shop, and set up game center/leaderboards. Slowly integrating an ad system. Originally had a banner ad at the bottom but someone pointed out it takes away from the game so I won't have it there anymore. Was thinking of just having a video ad automatically play every few deaths but...that might get annoying...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 05:05:49 pm by Majora64 »

NickamonPoppytail

Running through the Ui today, re did the title and slightly tweaked the jump controls. Gonna go through the character design and try and update that this week, fix the shop, and set up game center/leaderboards. Slowly integrating an ad system. Originally had a banner ad at the bottom but someone pointed out it takes away from the game so I won't have it there anymore. Was thinking of just having a video ad automatically play every few deaths but...that might get annoying...

What you could do is have the option every few deaths to watch an ad and earn more coins or power-ups (if you have them in the game).

merrak

I remember there were coins in the original game. Can you use them to unlock characters? If the player ended the game and collected X coins then that would be an opportunity to present a reward video to earn a few more coins.

Majora64

Yes, coins will be used to unlock characters and potentially backgrounds if I can get to it. Game doesn't have power ups but for ads I was thinking of some combination of:

1.Watch an ad to continue (1 extra life)
2. Watch an ad for coins
3. Give an option to watch a video ad to remove all ads for one session (kind of like hulu).
4. immediate full screen ad on start up

Thoughts?