Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Human Puzzlepede

damijin

Hi all! I've been working on a Stencyl-fueled game throughout the year that I'm finally ready to make a thread about. The game is called Human Puzzlepede and it's partially a throwback to Dr. Mario, Tetris, and other 8-bit puzzlers, but it's also a lot more than that.

Puzzlepede blends together the time-step puzzle (blocks falling in steps) with physics objects that behave outside of the time step. This obviously was not possible on the NES and as such I think that Human Puzzlepede is one of the first of it's kind to combine a robust physics engine with a "falling block" style puzzle game. In addition to that, it has a media-attention-seeking name and it's kind of an auto-biography of the inner workings of my mind. I hope everyone will enjoy it when it comes out, but for now I'll be posting GIFs and updates until it's finally ready for prime time. This is intended to be a professional product as the flagship title of my newly founded game company that will (hopefully) earn us some money, so I'm happy to talk about that if anyone is curious!

Thanks for all the love and for being the best game engine in the world,
Michael

PS I'll be posting updates here but for older incarnations of the game, see my toucharcade thread!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:42:02 pm by damijin »

ohgem

Ha, this looks really cool! I'll be looking forward to the updates.
Follow: Twitter | Instagram
My Games: Jump Jump Fruit IOS

Bhoopalan

This looks great!
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan