I really need a simple gun firing behavior.

thebonesauce

I swear, I have looked all over for a very simple behavior to attach to the player actor to fire a bullet when action button 2 (X) is pressed. I've tried to modify the one from the Run And Gun example, only to have a gun firing sound but no bullets showing, looked all over the requests and questions sub-forums... I'm making a game called Terrainia, which has a simple black and white pixel-art style, similar to HeroCore, except there's a fair bit of platforming. I just need a very VERY simple "Fire bullet" behavior as the player won't collect/upgrade/use anything other than the weapon you start out with. It doesn't need ammo, it doesn't overheat, it's just a gun that fires one bullet with each button press. Please, someone help... This is making my brain hurt, even moreso than drawing up the various creatures and locations in GraphicsGale...

Ceric

How many directions can the player fire in? Just left and right or up and down, too? FYI I can make a simple behavior that illustrates how to do this in Design Mode, but I need this basic information to make it.

captaincomic

Also, on stencylforge there is an resoucre pack called "Action Pack". It contains behaviors "Do on Key Press" and "Fire Cannon". Maybe that helps.

thebonesauce

The player can only fire left and right. Thanks a bunch!

thebonesauce

I would really REALLY appreciate any help. It's a 2D platformer, the player can only fire left and right. Thanks in advance, guys.

chaosoul

Oh I made one for the first game I made, Alien Hunt, but abandoned it. I still have the behavior if you like I've uploaded it onto stencylforge as Rifle Fire. If you need it more customizable contact me or go into the behavior if you think you can do it yourself.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

thebonesauce

Thank you very much! I'll be sure to check it out after work today!