Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Geometry TD (WIP: Protector-like game)

Tuo

Another day of developing done. Today's focus was on expanding the game attributes to be able to handle anything I threw at them. Fortunately, I had been doing the game with that in mind from the start, so it didn't take that long (although I didn't realize I would need two maps: one for permanent upgrades and one for temporary versions). There is now a simple ending scene and a simple world map (with only one option right now: start a random map).

At this point the main thing to do is the world aspects. The EXP system is already in place, but now I need to allow for the user to actually level up (selecting what areas to level... there are many to choose from). That will probably be my first priority. Beyond that, the only other major areas are the shop/inventory/crafting.
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

Tuo

Instead of working on the EXP system, today I decided to add in some official missions instead of just having random maps. There are now 10 to pick from. The first 6 are more newbie-friendly, teaching the ropes and showing how different unit types can be challenging. The next 3 are special challenges, one being a difficult mashup of the types, another focusing on insane levels of armor, and the third only giving exp/gold during the first 5 waves. The last one faces down the ultimate boss, the one thing any Protector fan has wanted to destroy: a 1 million HP cabbage :D

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

Tuo

I keep forgetting to update this thread. The EXP system is still waiting longer. I've spent my time making a nice button system instead of using my drawing codes to handle the buttons. It's taken a while, but I think users will appreciate it much more.

Tuo

Well, NO ONE should leverage the #1 TD complaint against me...

I just implemented the speed option (the core has been in the game since the start if you saw my stream, but just now actually put in the method to change it).

Even at a speed of just 1, the game plays at around the 2x form for Protector. However, with a slider, you can change the speed to anywhere from 0 (pause) to 14, at increments of 0.1

I just played at a speed of 6.8, and the actors were flying so fast my eyes could barely keep up! Fortunately since I designed it from the start to support any speed, the game didn't crash at any point, from 0 to such a high speed (for reference, a speed of 7 means that actors can have a velocity of up to 350 and 14 means up to 700 :D )

Still no work on the EXP part, but I've now finessed through most of the rest of it. Just a few more touches with my new button system...

Tuo

After some more work on it this evening, I have finally implemented the EXP system. It's still rather bare-bones, but it works. Tomorrow will likely be focused on making the system better (i.e. adding a pop-up that explains how "liberation" means "get that loot!")