Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Mobile Orientation Extension

squeeb

Mobile Orientation Extension OUT NOW $10 USD
Works on iOS, Android

Orientation detection (iOS / Android): The ability for the game to register whether the device is being held upright (Portrait) or sideways (Landscape) automatically, Even while game play is active.  Design gameplay, and your app's or game's menus and layouts based on the way the user holds their device.

Features
-  Rotate your device during gameplay, from portrait to landscape to create new gameplay styles
-  If a game is flipped from portrait to landscape, the device itself shows notifications / Game Center banners / etc correctly. 
-  Set individual scenes to PORTRAIT, LANDSCAPE, OR AUTO at anytime
-  Simple to implement blocks

Video and Screenshots

Switching between landscape and portrait while playing (the lag is from screen recorder, the screen refreshes fast.. ill have more videos soon

Get it
$10 OUT NOW

Includes Extension, Sample Game: Balltz the Owl, Different UI layouts for Landscape and Portrait,
and Customer Support by Squeeb

(How to Install and Update an Extension)

Documentation

Great guide to designing for orientation
https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/08/designing-device-orientation-portrait-landscape/

----------------------------------------------

Blocks
Blocks List

Boolean Returns TRUE if LANDSCAPE and FALSE if PORTRAIT

Boolean that returns TRUE when rotated to LANDSCAPE/PORTRAIT

Lets you set the Orientation LANDSCAPE, PORTRAIT, or AUTO LANDSCAPE and PORTRAIT

----------------------------------------------

Version History

First Release:  V0.0.5

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:24:54 am by squeeb »

squeeb

I will have this released later this week, next week at the latest.. i want to clean up the sample game and get the blocks guide together first.  Please let me know what i can do to make the extension and documentation better..

Bhoopalan

Wow!! This is gonna make stencyl much more awesome. Thanks a lot Squeeb. I'm not planning to test it now so can't provide a feedback but I'm sure I'll be in need of this sooner or later.
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

squeeb

Wow!! This is gonna make stencyl much more awesome. Thanks a lot Squeeb. I'm not planning to test it now so can't provide a feedback but I'm sure I'll be in need of this sooner or later.
Thank you :)
1st release is ready.   Ill get videos up soon