Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Stomping kills the player

brandonbbbc

I'm trying to let the player killed the enemy when stomping on them, but every time he jumps on top of the enemy the player dies, I also added a stomp behavior on the player and also  implemented an event that when the players walk's toward the enemy the player dies
I'm trying to make it like Mario where when he's small and can get killed when running towards the enemy but  can't get killed when stomping on the enemy

squeeb

theres a block that checks what side was hit

brandonbbbc

I don't know how to implements that, my character has the "Stomp on enemy"  behavior and the enemy has the "Stompable" behavior, I got these from crash court kit. I also created an event to my character that dies upon impact to the enemy
I'm also new to Stencyl btw

Luyren

See attachment. You should probably put something like this in your "Death" behavior.
Working.

brandonbbbc

No, my character still dies when stomping on enemy, is there something I'm doing wrong
Heres  some screenshots

brandonbbbc

Note: this project is due today at midnight where I am, about 4 hours till midnight if you can do step by step instruction, ill be really helpful, you can look through my game and see the problem yourself, thank you!!!

brandonbbbc

Nvm, i don't know how to export a game file here lol

Luyren

Death behavior:
1- Delete the bottom "Actor-Group" collision event, below the Update event.
2- See the Behavior1 attachment, and edit accordingly. Note that the added collision block is set to wasn't hit.

Stomp on Enemies behavior:
1- See behavior2 attachment. I also highlighted the "trigger event" block because you have to capitalize "Stomped". The reason is the event in the Stompable behavior is called "Stomped", not "stomped", so it wasn't triggering at all.

It is working on my end, so if you do it correctly the method should prove itself.
Working.

brandonbbbc

Thank you very much, it definitely work!!
I'm definitely getting a A in class