Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

How to write a word and go to the next scene?

pepe87

Hello guys

I'm trying to do a typing game. And I'm using a game from "StencylForge".

I would like that after typing the word "house" for example, and clicking the confirm button, the game would go to the next scene.
can anybody help me?

I'm attaching an example of the game.
Thanks

Tuo

Hello,
I'm a bit confused as to what the initial issue was. Best I can tell, it wasn't updating the GA properly.

I have done a few changes to your code (for the letters, only space/A). One inefficiency you had was to not utilize the "length" option for a text attribute. Using that makes the code much smoother. I also disabled your constant updating of the GA as that was interfering with the results.  Take a look and see if it fixes your difficulties.
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)