Actor Regions: Dragons and Paratroopers

magicpegasus

Hi, I'm getting into some unfamiliar territory and need some help...

I have a paratrooper actor that bails out of a destroyed plane. I want to be able to shoot his parachute and watch him fall to his death...or...shoot the paratrooper's body and he'll die that way, leaving the parachute.

-along the same lines-

I have a dragon actor that I want to shoot in the head to kill. If the bullet hits another part of its body, I need it to bounce off, or cause the dragon to shoot fire at the player.

--------------
I'm guessing the way to do this is by using regions, which I've never tried before and don't quite understand...or by anchoring one actor to another.

Please give me some pointers if you know about these types of actions. Thanks a lot!
-MP

Miasmos Games

I personally wouldn't recommend trying this with regions, it's unnecessary and complicated. For the relevant areas on each actor you could simply have a collision box that's from a different collision group, such as one called 'Vulnerable' etc. In the bullet's logic you can have something like "if the collision group on the other actor = vulnerable, do _____". Vulnerable would have to be set up to collide with bullets etc. Hope this makes some sense, I can explain further I just didn't want to over-complicate it.

Cupcake Bounce

magicpegasus

ooooh. I didn't realize that the different collision boxes on an actor could be from different groups. This really helps, thanks a lot!

Miasmos Games

Great! The actor itself must have a group and its collision boxes will be this group by default, but they can be changed manually to great effect :D Good luck on your game :D

Cupcake Bounce