Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Metal Mash completed and published!

Awesomeness1075

I finally finished my first game after 4 months of hard work. The link is below and any feedback you have would be helpful.

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/37405

merrak

I think you made really good use of the Image API. Would be more fun with a second player than against the CPU. There was an old game called VGA Bomb that I used to play that is similar. Good job!

The large screen is a bit of a pain since it doesn't fit in my browser window. I see why the original game was full screen. It was still playable, but the top and very right were cut off for me.

JeffreyDriver

This is a good start. The Image API is an advanced topic, so well done on implementing it so well. I liked the weather effects. You could really explore the unique traits of each environment further.

It's  shame that the screen is so large. It doesn't fit my browser either. It plays well, but maybe an option to change the controls would be useful. I found the CPU to be quite difficult, no matter which setting I chose.

Consider adding powerups and more game modes, like an endurance mode where you go up against increasingly tough enemies.

Awesomeness1075

Screen size is a big issue but it's too late to change it.  For my next game I'll make sure I get the right screen size.  I really wanted to add custom controls to the options screen but it seems like you need to code to do that and I dont know how to code. Thanks for the comments and suggestions and if you have any feedback, don't hesitate to comment.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 10:52:32 pm by Awesomeness1075 »

LIBERADO

I really wanted to add custom controls to the options screen but it seems like you need to code to do that and I dont know how to code.
;) You will like this: Custom Controls Extension

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:07:29 pm by LIBERADO »
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.